• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
This topic isn't about which characters we will get, but rather the scale of the content that may be included with the character.

What are your thoughts on the scale of content we will get per pack? I quickly came up with the list below but I may have missed/misjudged something.

A must:

- The fighter (obviously)
- A stage (as promised)
- At least two music tracks (they said "several" per challenger pack)
- A new hat for Kirby (Kirby's moveset wouldn't make sense otherwise)

Wii most probably include:

- Tips on how to use the fighter (can be viewed in tips section)
- A background name for Little Mac's boxing ring stage (they could always just put ???, and a question mark for the image if they wanted)
- A spirit (can just be given to you if the fighters don't get a Classic mode run)

Optional but would be nice:

- Unique Palutena's Guidance dialogue (they didn't do this for DLC on the Wii U did they?)
- Classic Mode run (The Miis are not selectable in classic mode so they could easily omit DLC fighters just the same)
- Adventure mode fight (They would need to add them to the map somewhere, I doubt this will happen but who knows)
- Unique Snake's codec dialogue (They've only included the Brawl versions, but maybe they will go back and add more for the new fighters from Smash 4 first, who knows)
- Assist trophy for a character from the same series (Would be nice)
- An item from the series (Would be nice)
- Mii costumes for other characters in that series (they done it for Cloud (Chocobo) in Smash 4, although all third party Mii costumes are gone so who knows?)
- An echo fighter (Simon Belmont, a brand new fighter came with one, so they could possibly repeat that with some)

I know a lot of the third list is wishful thinking, but perhaps depending on the character we may get some of these things?

Last edited:

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Minimum FF7 Cloud stuff.
Maximum Castlevania Simon stuff. (minus Ritcher)

Basically anything related to these 2 series in the game is the range of things you should expect.

OP
OP
Waluigilicious
Oct 27, 2017
Minimum FF7 Cloud stuff.
Maximum Castlevania Simon stuff. (minus Ritcher)

Basically anything related to these 2 series in the game is the range of things you should expect.

I meant for the DLC characters, unless you mean we should expect more content for a new Konami character as opposed to a new Square Enix character to which I'd agree, although I don't think Konami will get any more characters (Poor Bomberman) :(

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I really hope they'll do Sora, to compare his content to Cloud's. I wanna see if Square just don't care at all.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
No, I mean everything in the game related to FF7, is the minimum you should expect for say Joker from Persona 5. Everything related to castlevania -minus ritcher, is about the best you should expect for Joker from Persona 5... that means stage with a couple songs and the character +whatever spirits and whatever in the game at minimum or state with bosses, dozens of songs, assist trophies, and whatever other references to Castlevania exist in Smash ultimate at best. It's basically what is the minimum package we've seen vs what is the maximum.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I assume the fighter pack will only be 1 character, 1 stage, and a various amouny of music. I think we'll see new spirits for the dlc series as a free update along side this to help incentivize people to buy the dlc.

I doubt we'll see any new palutena's guidances or snake code calls recorded.

I think we may get stand alone dlc packs for mii fighter costumes.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they'll do Sora, to compare his content to Cloud's. I wanna see if Square just don't care at all.
After Joker I think it's possible we get Sora. I believe the problem with the FF7 representation is not that Squenix is not playing ball, but instead it's probably the shitshow that is the copyrights within Square Enix.

OP
OP
Waluigilicious
Oct 27, 2017
That would be an interesting comparison.

No, I mean everything in the game related to FF7, is the minimum you should expect for say Joker from Persona 5. Everything related to castlevania -minus ritcher, is about the best you should expect for Joker from Persona 5... that means stage with a couple songs and the character +whatever spirits and whatever in the game at minimum or state with bosses, dozens of songs, assist trophies, and whatever other references to Castlevania exist in Smash ultimate at best. It's basically what is the minimum package we've seen vs what is the maximum.

Ah I see what you mean. If any DLC character got as much content as Castlevania that would be absolutely amazing! It pretty much is the whole package.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
If Joker is the playable SMT rep, then I'm honestly pining for a Jack Frost AT. I'm not expecting any item or AT additions though, I think we'll get character, stage, 3-5 tracks, boxing ring title, a spirit, and a classic mode run.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
there is no way we are getting more codec dialogue, roy campbell japanese VA passed away awhile ago and Konami chose to retire the character instead of recasting him so there is no roy campbell VA to use any more
other then that i doubt you will see assist trophies or items added with new characters

how ever i do think there is a chance there will be new Palutena's Guidance for the DLC characters, since the DLC choices were decided alot further in advance then last time they maybe have been able to record the lines

Sasha Nein

Oct 29, 2017
They will come with a classic mode surely! I couldn't see them hiding the DLC characters from the Classic mode select screen, would be strange. I guess we'll see though! Hopefully they don't prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.