• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is no way all of these characters tie back cleanly into the MCU movies.

I can see small things lining up and even cameos. Possibly even minor non-integral information. This is regardless of them being under the MCU umbrella. Limitations will exist.

It seems like a daunting task to tie everything in cleanly. It would most certainly be plot and logistical nightmare to pull off even for Disney and it's resources.

Characters made for Disney+ will primarily be just that filler content for Disney+ subs. I'd love to be proven wrong. Maybe I can see Ms
Marvel crossing over based on popularity. I do feel all three could have been straight to big screen characters. (Ms. marvel, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight).

The MCU is popular for the ability to please regular consumers along with comic book heads. Disney execs have to know that a majority will not subscribe to Disney+ to follow additional plot lines. Even at $7.

Imagine seeing a MCU movie in theatre and being completely lost on a sub-plot even after seeing mainline films simply because you don't sub to Disney+. Not cool. I think Disney knows this and will approach it with caution.

Just a thought.

What do you all think?

There's no "maybe" about Ms. Marvel. Feige said at the panel she'd be showing up in the films too.

Proven wrong already lol! This is good! Curious how it will be ed off. I will be definitely subbing.

Hey mods feel free to close this thread if redundant.

Last edited:

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
There's no "maybe" about Ms. Marvel. Feige said at the panel she'd be showing up in the films too.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We just came off of Infinity War/Endgame, I'm not worried

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
even the netflix shows could accommodate in the MCU just fine, and they werent even working with marvel studios

i think that eeverything being IN-house will make things go smoothly as they can

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think this could have been folded into the other many Marvel threads, but I see what you're saying.

The only thing we can do is wait and see. Kevin Feige himself is overseeing all of these productions, and if you were to tell someone 11 years ago about the 23 film cinematic universe success it is now you wouldn't believe it either. However, people eat this stuff up so I think it'll be fine.

The films will most likely not have anything that truly REQUIRES viewing of the series, but REWARDS it.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
They've explicitly stated the shows and the movies will reference each other. These aren't being run by Perlmutter.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd only be concerned if these were seasonal shows. But we already know they're miniseries, so I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Slightly more tied in than the Netflix shows but not enough that the movies reference them.

Stuff like WandaVision is straight up setting Dr. Strange 2

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
you're wrong as they have stated Wandavision leads into Doctor Strange 2, Kamala will be in movies.

People need to understand the D+ stuff is MARVEL STUDIOUS PRODUCTIONS, run by kevin feige, just like the movies, its not Marvel Television.

Someone make a thread explaining that >_>

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
When I read a She-Hulk comic, I like it because it's a great superhero comedy, not because I'm excited about Shulkie showing up in Avengers too later.

Same here. I don't care if She-Hulk ever appears in an MCU movie, I care that a character I love is being brought to the screen by people who have demonstrated 20+ times that they care about doing justice to Marvel characters.

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
So what if they don't? I'd be perfectly fine with a compelling story driven by decisions that are made by characters with conflicting motivations and interpersonal drama, with an extra dash of glitz, fantasy, and action.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Does Feige have a protege or something?
I feel like the man need someone he trusts to help out and look after several of these projects.
The amount of MCU content we are getting is fucking insane.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
There's 8 shows:

1. Falcon and Winter Soldier are already in
2. Wanda is in, Vision is dead
3. What If doesn't apply
4. Loki is dead
5. Hawkeye is in
6. Ms Marvel will be in as per Feige
7. No reason to believe Moon Knight won't make an appearance
8. No reason to believe She Hulk won't make an appearance

It's really just the 3 that were announced today and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't appear, either in random upcoming movies as secondary characters or all together in the big next Avengers movie whenever that comes.

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people watched IW and EG and still followed along without having seen every movie (or even most of them). If those characters pop up in future movies everything will be fine so long as their individual series' plot points don't factor in too heavily to whichever movies they end up being in.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Wanda is going to show up in Dr. Strange 2 and they said the events from there will tie into it, so there's something.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The MCU is popular for the ability to please regular consumers along with comic book heads. Disney execs have to know that a majority will not subscribe to Disney+ to follow additional plot lines. Even at $7.
Every parent in the country will subscribe to Disney+.

Then there's all the people who will subscribe for Star Wars, MCU, Avatar, whatever.

Disney wants their service to be bigger than Netflix. With their IP and back catalog... they will probably pull it off.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean they'll likely tie in, but you won't miss much by not seeing the shows. Take capt marvel for example. You could watch endgame without seeing the captain marvel film and been completely okay.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
How much actual dialogue in MCU movies pertains to other films within the universe? I feel like each movie is pretty self-contained entertainment maybe subtle dialogue or aesthetics won't be picked up, but you really don't need to have encyclopedia knowledge of all the going ons and film character cross-overs make it even easier. Just a throwaway line to summarize what the gangs been doing by themselves (tv shows) before diving into the movie peril.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
There's 8 shows:

1. Falcon and Winter Soldier are already in
2. Wanda is in, Vision is dead
3. What If doesn't apply
4. Loki is dead
5. Hawkeye is in
6. Ms Marvel will be in as per Feige
7. No reason to believe Moon Knight won't make an appearance
8. No reason to believe She Hulk won't make an appearance

It's really just the 3 that were announced today and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't appear, either in random upcoming movies as secondary characters or all together in the big next Avengers movie whenever that comes.

2. We have no idea what's gonna happen to Vision
4. The Loki series focuses on the alternate timeline one that managed to bounce, and may very well be used as an excuse to revive him

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
they'll all appear in movies, though I do have concerns about how exactly Marvel Studios will manage this massive expansion in annual output without some creative strain starting to show

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
People would never admit it but the universal connections between MCU films were already paper thin outside of Avenger films / Civil War

Its not overtly difficult to tie these heroes back to films or new D+ events

Status
Not open for further replies.