• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Avengers Endgame finishes an incredible journey that lasted more than a decade. And after 22 movies in 3 phases, time has come crown the best movie.

In order to help you refresh your memory, here are the 21 movies before Endgame :
https://m.imdb.com/list/ls020525837/

Please just choose 1 movie and explain why it's your favorite. Thanks.

My choice : Captain America : the Winter Soldier.

1*MCD4-OFYpa9ZD-FT-acgBg.jpeg

For me Winter Soldier is the perfect movie. It's to the MCU what the Dark Knight is to DC movies. In Winter Soldier is a superhero movie that relates to serious questions in our real world : how far surveillance should go ? Do we put our values aside In the name of Security ? It's great to see how Captain America goes against his hierarchy because he wants to stay true to its values.

But what I love about Winter Soldier is how friendship is put to the test at all level. Rogers must wrestle with himself when faces the Winter Soldier, his best friend turned foe. Rogers is also not always on the same page with Natasha because of mission objectives. It's also the start of one of the best friendship with Falcon.

Overall the story, dialogues, action sequences, fighting scenes, pacing, humor, etc. Everything works perfectly. I tought also about Black Panther or Civil War, but Captain America is just great on ALL aspects unlike the other 2 movies.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I think Endgame finally knocked Winter Soldier off the #1 spot for me. But that is one hell of an accomplishment though. Infinity War was pretty damn close.

Status
Not open for further replies.