• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Posting open spoilers.
That battle was legendary. The longest battle ever in the anime so far with Ash vs Kukui. It was great ending with Pikachu vs Tapu Koko and Ash finally beat a champion for the first time.
Ash loser meme is dead.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I just want to know why they didn't let him win Kalos if they were planning to sorta reboot the series with Alola... just to have him win there.

It really felt like he should've won in Kalos.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not following the Anime, but isn't this a spoiler for those who want to watch it later?

Oct 25, 2017
I would've thought winning the league included defeating the champion to begin with.

Also I wanted to watch that arc next week.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't winning the league have made him the champ- whatever, fuck it.

Also, damn that's a spoiler from today? Way to go OP.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to know why they didn't let him win Kalos if they were planning to sorta reboot the series with Alola... just to have him win there.

It really felt like he should've won in Kalos.
This is far more earned and meaningful than the Kalos League would have been- for all the hype, that League was pretty crap, with only two battles that meant anything at all.

Here, he's beaten meaningful threats, tied up all his hanging story threads, taken down Legendaries, and overcome the region's strongest. It's WAY more satisfying.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
Wouldn't winning the league have made him the champ- whatever, fuck it.

Also, damn that's a spoiler from today? Way to go OP.
League champion and region champion are two different things, winning the league gives you the chance to battle the elite 4 then the region champion. Alola has no such elite 4 so directly he battled kukui
I would've thought winning the league included defeating the champion to begin with.

Also I wanted to watch that arc next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.