• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

You celebrating 4th of July?

• Not in sentiment, but attending a party

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 75 48.7%
  • Yes, enjoying the full experience - God bless the USA!

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I’m not American

Votes: 46 29.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I myself am not *celebrating* it per se. I'm throwing an excuse for some close friends to come over, but I'm going to cook Colombian food and it's going to be an "anti" 4th of July party. The idea of genuinely celebrating this shithole country's accomplishments has been foreign and abhorrent to me ever since I was younger but even more so now given Trump and January 6th and police brutality and now SCOTUS rulings. My rights are under threat so I'm not going to fucking put on patriotic American country tunes and wear US flag shorts, nor will I spend a single moment reflecting on the phrase "God Bless America!" I'm sure there will be plenty enough of pro-lifers in the South hosting huge cookouts and BBQs celebrating Roe's death, though. So let them do it. I'll enjoy the time off and sip a cocktail on one of the tiny few federal holidays we get in this miserable place.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well it's my birthday, so yeah?

Celebrating myself, at least.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
OP, you may want to update the poll options as this board isn't just Americans 😉. It will get skewed.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Are you going to be doing anything for the 4th of July?

Because I don’t feel very patriotic right now and I can’t imagine a lot of people are either. How can we celebrate freedom when so many people’s freedoms are being taken away? So I don’t know what to do with my family (haven’t heard any plans) but I just…. I’m just tired

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
My grandma is, but I personally haven't really "celebrated" since I was a teen

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be in San Diego (not for the 4th it just worked out that way) so I'll probably end up watching fireworks downtown but fuck this country.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
We never got invited anywhere this year. My aunt normally has a party but my uncle just found out he has cancer so it's canceled. My mom and step dad were having us up Sunday for a cookout and that just got cancelled since my mom just tested positive for covid.

Right now I've got almost the entire week off because of my schedule, the holiday, and taking a day off next weekend and now I literally have no plans at all for it.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not celebrating America, but I am planning to hang out with friends. I don't think I've "celebrated" 4th of July in like a decade. Hard to care anymore.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really celebrated the fourth since I was around twelve years old. Just never been a thing for me.

Oct 26, 2017
There are things to celebrate and things to not, like with any country. Too bad there will be a lot of shame looming over this one.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fireworks were cancelled and I still work the night of anyways (counts as tuesday) so not really. Never cared much about 4th of July regardless though. I'll celebrate it by enjoying the night before off work.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm an American and have always celebrated the 4th by bbqing, watching fire works, spending time with friends and family, but I don't give a shit about this country and what it's supposed to celebrate. It gives me a day or two off work and that's awesome. My entire life it was never about the country, it's about having a good time.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
Definitely eating BBQ. Not celebrating the country or independence at all. Besides, Juneteenth was not too long ago.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
Not American, but back when I still used to live in Russia I certainly made a point of not celebrating any holidays that existed to drum up nationalism, like 23 February (Defender of the Fatherland day), so I certainly stand by anyone in the US that isn't doing anything for 4 July!

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
We kinda have two of the same threads going on

www.resetera.com

Are you going to be doing anything for the 4th of July?

Because I don’t feel very patriotic right now and I can’t imagine a lot of people are either. How can we celebrate freedom when so many people’s freedoms are being taken away? So I don’t know what to do with my family (haven’t heard any plans) but I just…. I’m just tired

Status
Not open for further replies.