• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
Was listening to Random Access Memories last night and decided to hazard going to The Old Place for a bit to check out what the response was in 2013. I figured I'd check out Off Topic for a bit and see how far things have devolved. First thread I saw was called "Why Women Cheat..." I knew what to expect, I just wanted confirmation. Lot's of guys talking about how women are inferior to men, etc etc.

Then I saw the video....

And I realized... this looks just like a friend of mine. I went on her IG. I checked the video. I looked back on her IG. Holy shit. This is my friend. This is my friend, friends with all my liberal fashion friends in NY, part of that circle, with a quasi-Alt Right YouTube account making videos catering to MRA types. And not only that, she has TEN THOUSAND SUBSCRIBERS. I was shocked. Flabbergasted. And at 4am, suddenly not tired at all. I texted my friends. Was I the only one not to know about this? I texted some friends but it was too late in LA and too early in NY for anyone to respond. So I forced myself to go to bed.

Woke up this morning. Dozens of texts. Shock. Surprise. Nobody knew. I was the first to discover this. ______ had been leading a double life, even her best friend wasn't aware. Performative wokeness on one end, Alt Right Queen on the other. And she's gaining subscribers by the second - up to 14k now. The comments on her videos are insane. MRA and Red Pill types using her as validation for their own shitty perspectives. And she's engaging with them, agreeing with them. She knows what she's doing. I'm still in shock. I'm shaking even as I write this. This is slowly starting to spread through my friend group and the greater social NY / LA scene. But it's still early. As far as I know, ______ hasn't yet been made aware that her secret is out. Will keep y'all updated as the situation progresses. And I'll leave you with one more video...

Mod Edit: Removed links and names to curtail offsite drama.

Last edited by a moderator:

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully she's just doing it for the money.

Because if not she's certifiable.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
I won't click the videos, but I will sub to this thread. For my morbid curiosity.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully she's just doing it for the money.

Because if not she's certifiable.

Somehow I don't know which I'd find less respectable: being a true believer, or just doing it for the money.

I.E. just as bad, because you're fueling hate online

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I might be a little groggy from a hefty dinner, but what is MRA again?
Men's Rights Activists

Y'know, like these lads

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-25%20at%2013.04.48.jpg

=
tumblr_mnbc0ezZJ41qhtxeko1_400.jpg

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a lot of these religiously woke people are living a double life like this. They're just not stupid enough to post it on YouTube.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
What I find most puzzling about the information era is that now I have an untrustworthiness of all information. Here's a consideration. OP, if she is growing then why did you link her videos? What purpose does that serve? If she's growing so fast and you view that as an issue then isn't this just a means of getting her more clicks as per the youtube algorithms?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Okay that is wild. A friend with a double life online? And discovering it? Crazy.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
lemme login to my alternate youtube account where I can watch shitty MRA stuff without affecting my personal account real quick.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why would you put here out there on a public site like this but she's also on YT as well. Oh well.

Jul 18, 2018
Maybe she's playing them all and she is going to suck them all dry from getting them to all pay for her..
and then she uses that money for the complete opposite and it was all a ploy.

or

She realized the amount of money and support she can get from MRA's and she just wants to make a buck

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Damn breh you dimed out your friend to THE WHOLE SQUAD
😂 forreal

Still, condolences on the loss of a friendship Illithid Dude

People who play both sides are the worst. If you make your bed with the alt-right (and the MRAs are literally founding members of the alt-right before someone comes at me with the "over-labeling" bullshit) then you better be prepeared to sleep in it

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread makes me really uncomfortable tbh

Seems weird of you to post this here and also gossipy

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this video posted on Gaf like a week ago. If this is real you're friend has her audience.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
The way she talks Reminds me of someone who you kind of know coming up to you at a party and just going on and on about random bs but you wanna be polite so you sit there and kinda listen while they talk your ear off

OP
OP
Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see any issue with posting links. Consider them context. And it's not like this is some small private account. I'm not breaching her privacy. Girl got 14k subs - that's a public figure in my book.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I live in constant terror that people will discover my double life as some nerd on the Internet, and will be horribly disappointed that I'm not just a nerd in real life.

Deleted member 18347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the point of this? Confront her don't just go and out her like that.

And why are you parading her on here?

jfc

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What the hell, ask her about it.
I went to the Old Country to find the thread but the first thing I read there is:
'PewDiePie appreciation thread'
Never again.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any issue with posting links. Consider them context. And it's not like this is some small private account. I'm not breaching her privacy. Girl got 14k subs - that's a public figure in my book.

It's more that this doesn't come across like this is actually someone you care about at all

If I cared about someone and found out they were doing something shitty the first thing I'd want to do in talk to them about it and try to find out what's going on and what led them to be like this. Not instantly run off and tell everyone I know about it and then spread that drama as well onto a public forum of all places......

Idk feels weird

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
You had to look at her Instagram to confirm this was your friend? Is she living a double life or are you two not all that close?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of these religiously woke people are living a double life like this. They're just not stupid enough to post it on YouTube.
I feel it's more like all of the MRAs online pretend to be liberal in real life rather than the other way around. It's why you see so many people starting their defense of dinesh dsousa with "I'm super liberal, but" and why internet nazis always accuse people of "virtue signaling" or whatever-- they think everyone is like them and just pretending out of cowardice.

less

Oct 25, 2017

You should know by now the slant of Era an the kind of reception she might be get. At the very least she isn't going to get a favorable reception here (at least from a significant portion of EtcetEra) so it comes across as you throwing your friend to the wolves. I doubt that anything heinous will occur because of this but this isn't the best way to treat friends in my opinion.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This definitely falls under cross forum / offsite drama and is not the kind of thing we'd like to stoke here.

Status
Not open for further replies.