• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
I don't think, anymore, that I'm a sane or sensible person. I don't even think anything like therapy could fix this. Fighting games have broke me.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
What is with era and fighting games recently?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
are you sure you don't just need more time in the training room?

feel in control, less anxious, more confident, so you don't get upset?

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Lol happened to me in street fighter 4. I used to rage quit, bang my stick, s ream, pull my hair out, cry, punch walls.

In the end, it made me better, all my issues were exposed during those rage moments. Now, while i care if i lose, it doesnt break me anymore. Its just life.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just want you to know this is not abnormal and you good. Just take a break. I've been there after a 0-100 session with a friend.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing so many threads about this subject from you, I'm gonna say you're too emotionally invested and you probably need a break from the genre competitively. Play some other games for a while. You'll come back feeling refreshed.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
try to find a balance between nice single player games and fighting games. also take some days off here and there. playing after 1 - 2 days break makes me feel like a young god because i feel refreshed and was able to break free of the routine and predictability. i get a real tunnelvision if i only play fighting games during the week

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ERKdPyaXUAw52k1.jpg

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
you should stop playing fighting games. you seem to go through this same reaction every time you do

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
You've made a few threads about this topic.

I think you really need to step away from the genre for a while. Seriously, just straight up delete the games from whatever device you're using and play something else.
Your comment that you don't think therapy could fix you... I know people were suggesting therapy in previous threads, was this something you ended up looking into at all?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
OP. We keep telling you over and over and over in every single one of these threads that you make in every single different account you make: Please, get help. You sound like you realise you have a problem.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Why do you think therapy couldn't help? what makes you think fighting games are even important? I think you need to stop putting so much of your own ego and self worth in something as inconsequential as video games. Fighting games aren't even that big in the competitive landscape, so going uber competitive isn't even worth it. There are many more aspects to enjoy from them than winning and winning isn't gonna lead you to anything outstanding, really.

Play them because controlling your favorite characters is fun, the art is nice, the music is enjoyable, forget about winning. I'm a scrub and couldn't be happier.

You like to draw, no? that's infinitely more useful and rewarding than winning in a videogame. Design solves prinlems, generates money. It's a better thing to spend your energy.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I would cry too. I mean what's the point of playing multiplayer games if you're not going to win every time.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You keep making this thread and the answer is always the same but you keep ignoring it, so is the last time I'm bothering.

STOP PLAYING FIGHTING GAMES

They are not healthy for you and you need to separate yourself from them to better your mental health. Stop making era threads and get some real help.

Oct 25, 2017
I think you need to take a break and focus the free time that you have on stuff that makes you feel better and chills you out.

Take up reading or meditation if some of the other options are too demanding of money or other resources.

Maybe think about adding era to a blocklist so you can spend a little less time here focusing on stuff that isn't helping you.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
It means you care about it a lot.

Possibly too much! It might help to evaluate what about it you enjoy, and what about it causes you angst.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP

listen to me very carefully

you are bad at fighting games. You haven't been good at them for a very long time, according to your thread history. They haven't been doing you any good psychologically.

Its time to stop playing fighting games for awhile, and possibly forever.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Quit fighting games (for now) and get help. Please. This would be for the best.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Play some old school mega man. It will remind you what true pain really is.

Or,'of course, you could stop playing fighting games

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
You've apparently been told multiple times and don't listen but I'll still try.

Leave competitive gaming especially fighters. It's not healthy for a game to cause this kind of reaction. Find something relaxing to get away from them and then get professional help to deal with your issues.
Just want you to know this is not abnormal and you good. Just take a break. I've been there after a 0-100 session with a friend.
This is absolutely not normal. Don't normalize this shit.

If a video game loss makes you have a breakdown then that means you need to step away and cut it off. Getting enraged over something you should be enjoying isn't healthy.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, step away from the games, seek some professional help. You're addicted to them. They seem to be ruining you, mentally, and based on that job thread they may be ruining more than your mental health. You make so many of these threads and it's clear you're making no progress. What you are going through is not normal but it is something that you can fix, and the answer isn't "getting good at games". Your quest to "get good" is what's giving them power over you. You have to stop playing them and find healthier avenues of self-validation. Your self-esteem should not be tied so heavily into a fantasy world. Please, please, please seek help.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Well, that's it, no more fighting games for you, OP. You know what, why don't you play a game just to have fun, relax, something cool. You have a PS4? Get Dreams, it's relatively cheap and there are tons of fan made games that you would most probably like. Give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.