• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
I mean, it's been out for a while now, right? I'm sure most of the bugs have been patched by now, right?

I did the first mission and there were several instances of characters in the T-position sliding across the ground. That dramatic scene where a helicopter with security people lands on the street and guns down some criminals looked really cool when the criminals didn't run for cover, they sort of hovered away with their arms held out.

And when I quit the game after running it for the first time, it crashed and asked if I wanted to send in a crash report. It just seemed appropriate somehow. :D

Edit: Sorry, this is the PC version. A fairly beefy PC with a 3080 in it.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot this game existed. I bought it and had a terrible experience within the first 10 minutes, dropped it, decided to wait for the Series X patch. Probably my most regretted game purchase ever- was a blind buy after Witcher 3 being one of my favorite games ever, but I won't make that mistake again.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't be a very good game even if it were polished and bug free.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would definitely recommend waiting until this is out of Early Access before jumping in. Maybe another year or two?

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
Was in a local pawn shop yesterday. They had stacks of the deluxe edition for consoles behind the counter.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I mean, it's been out for a while now, right? I'm sure most of the bugs have been patched by now, right?

I did the first mission and there were several instances of characters in the T-position sliding across the ground. That dramatic scene where a helicopter with security people lands on the street and guns down some criminals looked really cool when the criminals didn't run for cover, they sort of hovered away with their arms held out.

And when I quit the game, it crashed and asked if I wanted to send in a crash report. It just seemed appropriate somehow. :D

Using the latest patches? I have been following some patch updates streams and the games looked "solid".

Seems like that's not really the case still...

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Every person's experience is different I guess. I played it on the Series X at launch and only had a handful of hilariously bad game breaking bugs. But I never lost more than two minutes of progress.

Later I sold the Xbox version and grabbed it on GOG, and still didn't have the issues that some others have.

Jun 24, 2021
Hope it's everything you wanted it to be. It's not my thing and I never got the years long hype over it with ppl losing their shit before they had shown a single trailer.

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
Got a copy for the PS4 and the XBOX (one for my wife and one for if I ever get around to it or a desire to play it). Will wait for the next gen upgrade.
It was $10 from Best Buy the other day.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've definitely encountered a fair few bugs but my experience, even at launch, was pretty solid. I only started seeing the T-poses and other glitches when I started exploring the open world.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Funny because I have 3 playthrough and 200 hours and I really never had that many obvious bugs.

Either Im insanely lucky or the bugs is really hardware dependent on PC ? Can it be tied to a specific Intel / AMD CPU ?

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
It wouldn't be a very good game even if it were polished and bug free.

I can't believe this game was handed out perfect score from multiple places. Even without the bugs the game is far or anywhere near perfect. IDC if their excuses for handing out that score was they played the PC version, the game is an unfinished mess.

May 24, 2021
Got a copy for the PS4 and the XBOX (one for my wife and one for if I ever get around to it or a desire to play it). Will wait for the next gen upgrade.
It was $10 from Best Buy the other day.

This is what I did. I had a $10 cert, so it was pretty much free, haha. Figured I'd just sit on it until the PS5/XSX upgrade comes out.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I played the game myself yesterday, I havent touched it since launch. New PC with a 3080. Ive seen many repeated npc's beside each other walking dressed the same way. Theres no escaping that it seems.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I just started it a few days ago, I've had a few bugs on PC but overall it's fine. I'm enjoying the main story so far, and heard the main sidequests were also good so I'll give them a shot. Gameplay is mediocre but the world looks very nice and it's quite immersive overall.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
I was really surprised to hear that the first pieces of free DLC came out around a week ago.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
PC. I installed it today, so it's the latest version.

Steam.
I don't even know why I asked, I'm still not buying it lol. Even if it was fully patched to fix 'bugs' the game seems like a massive disappointment and even if it was the best game of all time I probably still wouldn't buy it due to CDPR and their transphobic BS. I don't want to sound like a broken record here but basically, I think this game is a pass for me, at any price.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I have it on Xbox and am just waiting for the next-gen patch. My understanding is they've fixed a lot over the last several months. They just started getting the free DLC out. Hopefully by the time I actually play it it will be a decent game.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
FYI: Cyberpunk threads aren't allowed outside of the OT due to CDPR's transphobia during its marketing and problematic issues in the game itself.

www.resetera.com

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| Welcome to Night City (READ THE OP BEFORE YOU POST)

Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077? CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this...

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I played the game for 66 hours after launch and saw one T-pose and very few meaningful bugs overall. That being said, the PC version is the one with way less issues and if you are seeing a lot of them even now, not much more needs to be said. It might be beyond salvaging unless they have an entirely different branch in development that will be released as a GOTY/Director's Cut few years down the line.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Every time they release a new patch, I download it again on PC, run into awful immersion breaking bugs like t posing and flying cars on my save, check that performance is still miserable, and uninstall.

I really don't know what they are doing with all this time since launch. I completed it at launch and it seems to be the same broken mess on PC so many months after release.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
this game isn't even good without the bugs - this game is missing entire gameplay mechanics and segments (at least it feels like it is)

it needed another 5 years of development

shame on CDPR

burned all of the goodwill from the witcher

Status
Not open for further replies.