• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Mod Edit: Thread locked
Have reason to believe we should wait and see on this one.

the table is REmake 3, but REmake 3 is...Not what a lot of people are probably going to expect. It's not being made by the same team that made REmake 2, in fact it's not even being internally developed by Capcom Division 1 at all. Who is developing it is very interesting, but for

another day, it'll be coming about a lot sooner than people probably are expecting. In the meantime, I will not be talking about RE anything for a long time now. So don't ask anything, I won't answer. Now is a perfect time to play through the series entries you maybe haven't, for

The source is ResetERA's own Dusk Golem, who first leaked R3make back in November right here on the forum.

Now, I have to admit, this is scarier than any BOW. Resident Evil 3 is by far my favorite Resident Evil game and the idea that Capcom might treat it like a second rate remake is worrying. I mean, the game itself has this sort of stigma of being a second rate Resident Evil game. A sorf of exapansion pack rather than a full entry. And although I strongly disagree with this and think the evidence doesn't allow for that opinion to hold, it's not entirely impossible to understand where it comes from. Not to mention Resident Evil games not developed by Capcom haven't exactly been great. Or even good.

On the other hand, that doesn't have to mean doom or that Capcom is looking at R3make as a second rate project. I might be aiming way too high here but Metroid Prime came to my mind, I'm sure a lot of people back then were worried about its development and we all saw how it turned out.

Which makes me wonder, who would you guys want developing R3make?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
wtf

the only reason I could fathom the RE2make team not working on RE3make is that they're hard at work on RE8

and to that I'd say... let them finish RE8 and then RE3make comes next. a second rate remake would be a shame after the banger they just dropped.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know who Capcom would be likely to partner with.

Perhaps it will be something that hews more closely to the original game that RE2 Remake? Maybe something like a full-on HD remaster from Bluepoint?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Tango Gameworks' REmake3 under the supervision of Mikami just like the original

Let's go folks

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wtf

the only reason I could fathom the RE2make team not working on RE3make is that they're hard at work on RE8

and to that I'd say... let them finish RE8 and then RE3make comes next. a second rate remake would be a shame after the banger they just dropped.
maybe the re2 team is remaking code veronica instead?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leave it to Capcom to bring the stupid.

They would have had another big hit and fan favorite on their hands if they gave it the love RER2 got.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I see, so the Capcom team are dedicating their time on remaking the true RE3 of the series, CODE FUCKING VERONICA!

You heard it here first.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
DsIOrDhWoAENNzI.jpg

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. Lackluster games are the ones that need the best remakes.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I just hope they don't rush it that is all that matters. The biggest item on my wishlist is obviously making Nemesis a more present threat like Mr X in RE2 remake and maybe expanding upon the idea of the random encounter/item location system in the original.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be a 2nd rate game if they do that, I have no faith no other team or studio will do RE3 remake any justice.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
RE2R, DMCV, SFV and many other Capcom games are in a big portion outsourced to a gazillion different studios with some overview and work on top made by Capcom. Make sure RE3R will be 100% the same. I bet this "rumor" is bullshit.

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I don't think they will let it go out the door if it sucks, I'm going to remain optimistic

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Would be so so disappointing. RE2 is going to be my goty unless like tlou2 comes out this year somehow. How could capcom fuck this up?

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
A REmake 3 developed by Game Freak. Carlos replaced by another male companion, who looks just like him but lacks personality. Later section of the game streamlined, zombies no longer visible on the maps and The Mercenaries removed because new fans would find the mode difficult.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i suppose I shouldn't be surprised

Capcom obviously want to start working on a new RE, but they know the hunger for a follow-up to RE2 is high

That's gonna be a lot of pressure to put on a devs shoulders, tho. there's a lot of fan expectations and hopes with RE3

Also a need a Revelations 3, but that can wait for now

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I wonder if this is more of a buisness decision to try and pump out RE games more regurally like they use to.

Status
Not open for further replies.