• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2017
Seems like it hasn't attracted much buzz, but It's available now, my copy arrived today. I own it on Wii U already, but i love this game so I was happy to double dip. Just done the first two missions, great game is still great. Anyone else?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played the demo, really enjoyed it, just have to convince myself that I should spend 90 bucks on it now.

Apr 26, 2020
Pikmin is highly underrated, but i guess im now part of the problem haha. Played it on Wiiu , loved it and wont rebuy it for Switch. November/begin December are expensive enough

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
yo guys ...OT later today as I said in several threads
OptimisticSickHoneybadger-size_restricted.gif

They even build bridges!
UNLIKE OUR POLITICIANS

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This thread will age poorely when first sales come out I bet. I have a feeling it will end up being the best selling Pikmin game.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
The reviews for this game are absurd. "Sure it's 720p/30 in 2020, but it looks okay and give this PORT with disappointing new content 8/10!" lmao.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Awesome game but there is no way I'm paying $60 for it when it came free with MK8 on Wii U.

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I bought Pikmin 3 on Wii U for like $12 just before the switch came out and I never got around to it. I have no problem purchasing it again to have it on the switch.

Oct 26, 2017
The reviews for this game are absurd. "Sure it's 720p/30 in 2020, but it looks okay and give this PORT with disappointing new content 8/10!" lmao.
The game is charming, full of content and there's literally nothing else like it. Resolution and framerate haven't been bumped in favor of a split-screen co-op mode. You can now play the entire campaign in split screen.
Could it be better? Sure. But it's not the lazy port people make it out to be. There are also other changes and additions compared to the original including a much requested Piklopedia, a small side story concerning Olimar and Louie and significantly rebalanced gameplay. Not to mention all DLC of course.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's the third game on the switch with Meaty Carrots, after Xenoblade: DE and Xenoblade 2

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame the discussion around this game basically revolves around its price, resolution and metacritic store. I mean I get it, but Pikmin is up there with Earthbound for me in charm and quirkiness and it's just a bummer to see the discussion be so cynical and grounded.

I guess I should have played it back in 2013 lol.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably wouldn't even get such good reviews if it was called Bikmin.

Dikmin, though? 10 out of 10, masterpiece.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dikmin is a respected franchise originating on the Intellivision

Not many people know this but it was modeled after the Dikman family which is like old old money and they basically have the game reviewer industry in a stranglehold. That's why everyone is too scared to talk about the ruinous issues in these games.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Not many people know this but it was modeled after the Dikman family which is like old old money and they basically have the game reviewer industry in a stranglehold. That's why everyone is too scared to talk about the ruinous issues in these games.
one has to be careful and use code-words like "dikman" and "dikmin" even tho the original name has been scrubbed from history

hiding in plane sight, like any proper conglomerate

Deleted member 33571

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
It's a good game but definitely the worst Pikmin (even though I'll almost definitely play it again....lol). It's way more interested in 'quality of life improvements' and 'run optimization' and big cutscene introductions for events and creatures rather than the genuine mystery and discovery and surprise of the first two games. The final stage/boss is miserable and probably the lowest point of all three games. Bingo Battle is the absolute best side content they've done though.
Would've been way more psyched about a rerelease of 1 or 2, or (inconceivably I'm sure) a full-series collection

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
The game is charming, full of content and there's literally nothing else like it. Resolution and framerate haven't been bumped in favor of a split-screen co-op mode. You can now play the entire campaign in split screen.
Could it be better? Sure. But it's not the lazy port people make it out to be. There are also other changes and additions compared to the original including a much requested Piklopedia, a small side story concerning Olimar and Louie and significantly rebalanced gameplay. Not to mention all DLC of course.

Oh yes, this reminds me - no online modes in 2020, especially now, is also a sad joke. But it's Nintendo so we understand it must be hard to implement or something and it's okay.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Already have it on Wii U. Absolutely adored the atmosphere, but just kind of lost interest in the game 5 hours in. Thought the story and gameplay was mostly predictable or spinning its wheels. Won't be buying it again for Switch. I'll try the next installment though, because I do think it has a lot of potential.

Cobra

Mar 2, 2019
I have it on Wii U, I think at least for now. I'll probably skip it, then pick it up later used. I'm not sure what makes it so different from the original. November has too many games I'd like to play coming out, and I have so little time these days.

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just about to go pick it up. Never saw any info about the multiplayer (bingo battle, not the coop), like if there are any changes at all, if you can play in any different way other than just split screen, also where is the map when you play split screen etc. Hoping to figure some of those things out for myself in a bit.

Edit: also I bought the Wii U version digitally when there was a pricing error on Nintendo Shop, for like 9 GBP, so I'll just consider this full price thing to be a late payment with a side of a second version... or something

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yes, this reminds me - no online modes in 2020, especially now, is also a sad joke. But it's Nintendo so we understand it must be hard to implement or something and it's okay.
No one's trying to excuse the lack of online, or any other shortcoming for that matter. Some people just love Pikmin for what it is: an extremely unique and charming game that's a lot of fun to play. Is it ok to award points for being fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.