• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
So we have fairly big threads for the other two, but no Switch? Are people playing it close to the chest due to the Switch Pro/lite fiasco? Or just really no information at all?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wouldn't really expect discussion until we're a year or two out from the Switch successor. The Switch is almost 3 years old & is a successful console, I'd imagine that it'll get a solid 5-6 years.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
We're still several years away from the next Nintendo console. The others come out next year.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just too far out. Switch hasn't even been on the market for 3 years. Switch 2 is a 2022 product at the earliest.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Switch Lite killed the dream until Spring 2021.
I told myself to not worry about it until then.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
This thread just made me realize how incredible the Switch has been and there is such massive room for improvement on top of that. I'd say mid next gen or a little before that point.

Wonder what tech they'd use, ideally I think aiming for base PS4 power is realistic.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because the Switch already came out. Microsoft and Sony are bringing about their competitors to it.

Nintendo will start talking about a successor in 2 or 3 years as they normally do.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
the Xbox is coming out next year and PS5 is very close as well, there's not even a hint of speculation that nintendo is working on a successor and there's no reason to at the moment while the install base continues to surge up

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
We literally just got a minor hardware refresh for the Switch (die shrink -> better battery life) and a new model (Switch Lite). I'm not saying there will never be a Switch Pro, but it seems unlikely that we'll get one terribly soon.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
It came out 2 years and 8 months and it's highly successful. Since it runs on mobile tech there is so much that could change from now and then, though Nintendo is definitely thinking about it.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
They don't want to damper holiday sales by announcing the Switch/Switch Lite's obsolescence.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
- It's still Year 2 for the Switch
- Most of the 'insiders' were wrong when it came to Switch rumors
- Ppl are busy following Nintendo Direct lies speculation
- Did I mention it's still Year 2?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
The thing isn't coming out until 2022 at the earliest.

By then, it should be possible to get PS4+ performance docked I would think.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Yeah I do hope we get a pro of some sorts. Nintendo is going to fall way behind on ports, and Xbone and PS4 will mostly be phased out by end of 2022.

Best bet for a pro is a 7nm EUV chip from Nvidia partner with Samsung. We should get close to PS4 specs with similar battery life as switch. Tegra x1 won't cut it. Hopefully mobile ampere. Q1 2021 at the latest, if a pro is in the works.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you time travel earlier than you expected, probably add in 2 more years and you should be good to go.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
I JUST WANT A SWITCH PRO BY THE TIME BAYO 3 IS OUT, I WANT TO PLAY IT AT 60 FPS.. oops caps.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's been said a dozen times, but Nintendo claimed the Switch would last for 7-10 years, so its way too far out.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
PS4 and Xbox ONE are more than six year old
Switch is three year old
surely you understand the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.