• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just take a look at the replies to the latest posts of Pokémon and Masuda

A few of the most populars tweets

PFwzusb.png

9Tj3hAj.png

Oct 28, 2017
Bunch of idiots. Think of all the work re-topologising everything from 240p potato 3DS quality, then including unique anims for being out in the world, cries, attack anims, Dynamax stuff, etc, etc. Its just too fucking much work for a completely new series entry.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
its pokemon fans...………..you expect them to understand what it takes to upgrade all 900 or so to HD at once?

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Yeah, leaning towards not buying this game if it doesn't have a national dex. I'll await the "ultra" version.

Oct 27, 2017
Masuda and co only listen to young Japanese children with short attention spans and the inability to beat the games

its pokemon fans...………..you expect them to understand what it takes to upgrade all 900 or so to HD at once?
What are you talking about? These use the same models since XY and ALL Pokemon have already been created

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Bunch of idiots. Think of all the work re-topologising everything from 240p potato 3DS quality, then including unique anims for being out in the world, cries, attack anims, Dynamax stuff, etc, etc. Its just too fucking much work for a completely new series entry.
The idea is youd standardize it so this crazy work doesnt go to waste.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Good.

Give em hell, internet. Get us those missing Pokemon as DLC at least.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping that there's some context missing in them limiting the pokedex, cause this is honestly more stupid than the Mario Maker matchmaking debacle (which apparently is going to get resolved now)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really wondering whether or not this game is being rushed out of the door. Lack of a National Dex doesn't make any sense - let alone not being able to transfer every Pokémon in the series up until now. Something like that is also gonna do a number on the game's competitive scene.

It's most likely going to be patched in at some point. Up until then, give them hell.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend who is really upset over this too, been going off about it all morning. Some other friends have been disputing her, and my viewpoint is this eventually had to happen. This is their first HD Pokemon game, which brings with it several challenges, especially to deliver the game in a timely manner as fans will expect. The number of Pokemon also keeps increasing, and with the increased fidelity and demand to 3D model and animate each Pokemon means doing 900+ Pokemon in a single game is, frankly, a pretty ridiculous demand.

There's only really four ways they could go about this:
01. Not include all the Pokemon (what they opted for).
02. Lower the graphical/animation quality of each Pokemon to make them easier to develop.
03. Stop adding new Pokemon in the games, cap them off.
04. Go for a subscription type service with Pokemon post-launch.

I know it's not what some fans want to hear, but this was always an eventuality of the franchise. I'm sure they can use the Sword and Shield engine for upcoming entries so they can build on it with the next entry, however.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't someone else directing Sword and Shield and not masuda? i'm out of the loop but i remembering hearing something like that

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's way too much for indie studio Game Freak

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its a really tough situation. I feared this situation starting 5 years ago, and now its coming to fruition. There's just too many Pokémon.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean yea it's disappointing, but do people realize how much work either completely creating or updating all those 3D models would be? I never expected a complete pokemon dex from this game.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama

so, it is unreasonable to ask them to delay the game to include all pokes? i don't want devs to work themselves to death but i find unacceptable to receive a gutted game because they need to meet an arbitrary deadline. delay the game and put everything in properly.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, people thought the game would have like 800 or whatever number Pokémon exist now?

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
It's friggin Pokémon. It's not like they don't have the money for it.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Gamefreak: "You'll get all the Pokemon added... but only in the inevitable third version of these games and you'll like it!"

Deleted member 420

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They gotta Gran Turismo it and have Premium Pokemon and Standard Pokemon. and disable the screenshot function for shots with the standard ones in

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the data of Sun and Moon there were walking animations for every Pokemon. Of course, that's not all of what adding a Pokemon entails.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should have said this before announcing the game last year. There becomes a point where it's just impossible to include that many Pokemon. I'm not too upset I guess, but it's a punch in the gut nonetheless.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Its like asking for every Street Fighter character to be in the next game. Nah, ain't happening. Doesn't have to happen every time. Balance will be a nightmare, even though balance isn't the objective of a Pokemon game.
That isn't at all equivalent. Adding a new SF character takes a ton more working than adding even dozens of Pokémon, considering the models have all been made already.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...even if it is some weird asset issue (which, then, brings up the question of wtf was going on with the sun/moon HD sprites and such), this is absolutely something they deserved to be raked over the coals for.

Sure, don't let them be transferred in until the post-game, but it's absolutely asinine to think someone's favorite pokemon just won't be usable because it didn't win the luck of the draw to be in the galar dex.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
They kind of shot themselves in the foot by allowing this feature to begin with

Now they are doomed by precedent

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
I have a friend who is really upset over this too, been going off about it all morning. Some other friends have been disputing her, and my viewpoint is this eventually had to happen. This is their first HD Pokemon game, which brings with it several challenges, especially to deliver the game in a timely manner as fans will expect. The number of Pokemon also keeps increasing, and with the increased fidelity and demand to 3D model and animate each Pokemon means doing 800-900+ Pokemon in a single game is, frankly, a pretty ridiculous demand.

There's only really four ways they could go about this:
01. Not include all the Pokemon (what they opted for).
02. Lower the graphical/animation quality of each Pokemon to make them easier to develop.
03. Stop adding new Pokemon in the games, cap them off.
04. Go for a subscription type service with Pokemon post-launch.

I know it's not what some fans want to hear, but this was always an eventuality of the franchise. I'm sure they can use the Sword and Shield engine for upcoming entries so they can build on it with the next entry, however.

Thats what I thought. Keep seeing people saying these are the same models from X/Y, but anyone have proof to that?
This is an HD upgrade I assumed they would have to redo everything

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
For 3ds and Pokemon go

Right, the idea was that these models would be highly scalable and forward compatible. Charizard in Sword uses the same model as in Pokedex 3D on the 3DS, and all the creatures already have walking, petting and battle animations.

They must have known they would get a lot of criticism for this, that's why Masuda announced it as early and earnestly as possible. He knew the heat was coming.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017

This is a joke, right? Pokemon brings in a ton of money. Just outsource all the models.... like every other AAA game. Nintendo will still make a filthy profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.