• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

QoFbioA.jpg
ZfStuU3.jpg

Kira Buckland, voice of 2B from Nier Automata:

Whichever way you prefer to watch/play your media (sub vs dub) is valid. Dual audio option = 💛

However, saying "dubs shouldn't exist at all" is a problem bc:
1) dubs help enable more widespread international releases
2) there are people who need dubs for accessibility reasons.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Kira Buckland, voice of 2B from Nier Automata:

Whichever way you prefer to watch/play your media (sub vs dub) is valid. Dual audio option = 💛

However, saying "dubs shouldn't exist at all" is a problem bc:
1) dubs help enable more widespread international releases
2) there are people who need dubs for accessibility reasons.

Not only this but it has actually been fiscally proven that without an EN dub most games and anime have a very difficult time landing both profit and exposure in Western markets. XSEED and one anime dubbing studio both did a report on this. I will see if I can find them again.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Just for the record, this dude legit compared liking English dubs to wanting to have sex with animals.

DxXpjkIV4AEjTsR.jpg

I also remember seeing a post from them where he said something along the lines of 'Saying that liking English dubs is a preference is like saying wanting to have sex with children or animals is a preference'

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I always find the hardcore sub purist demographic so confusing. Like...they do realize there are bad actors and actresses in Japan too, right?

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just for the record, this dude legit compared liking English dubs to wanting to have sex with animals.

DxXpjkIV4AEjTsR.jpg

I also remember seeing a post from them where he said something along the lines of 'Saying that liking English dubs is a preference is like saying wanting to have sex with children or animals is a preference'

What THE fuck?!?!

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018

DxXpjkIV4AEjTsR.jpg

Holy shit, this is a galaxy brain take if I've ever saw one.

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone who tries to fight over sub/dub is a fucking moron. Just let people enjoy what they want. (Never read comments on crunchy roll. The amount of people yelling that the dub for konosuba shouldn't exist because "I don't like dubs and people shouldn't like dubs" is staggering and fucking idiotic)

Oct 29, 2017
99% chance this is someone trolling to make weebs look bad.

edit: I mean "defiling the wonderful form of art known as anime with your vastly inferior capabilities" reads like someone trying to sound like a weeb.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sub and dubs serve different purposes anyways. Outside of preference, I definitely choose dub when I have the option so I can have the show as a background one.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always want to see what people like this, who behave completely insane on the internet are like in real life

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
I once knew a few folks like that ass. Couldn't bring up DBZ/Super dub talk without them butting in, asking why I bother with the dub when i could just stick with subs. Like who the fuck cares? The whole "sub is better, dub is trash" shit you often see is one of the few reasons why i stopped commenting on several forums for animes I like. It just wasn't worth the headache anymore.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I always find the hardcore sub purist demographic so confusing. Like...they do realize there are bad actors and actresses in Japan too, right?

How do you expect them to even know if it's well acted or not when a lot of the people overreacting about this don't even understand the native language? (in this case japanese).

This sub vs dub discussion is always so stupid.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Yes...the japanese have it locked down.

Everything is perfect. Outside perspective what's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.