• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Building my kids new bed and it has these, they're meant to be 13mm but they're 16mm meaning they're Too long for the wood.

It says they're ballers on the bolt ID page but nothing like it comes up online.

Any help appreciated

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
any chance this is from ikea? sometimes the wrong hardware gets included...a quick trip there and they'll replace the part with the correct one.

other than that, I'm sorry, I don't know the specific name for the bolt.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Building my kids new bed and it has these, they're meant to be 13mm but they're 16mm meaning they're Too long for the wood.

It says they're ballers on the bolt ID page but nothing like it comes up online.

Any help appreciated

You're meant to pop the short "barrel nut" into a short hole and the longer bolt is meant to go into another hole through a post most typically and lock into the thread of the barrel nut, so when you tighten it, it pulls the pieces of timber together. The slot on the barrel nut is so you can align the hole easier.

d8051f2fb9f2a15bcaa9d33a84939191.png

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Apologies for my previous post, I thought the long bolts were too long, not the barrel nuts.

Well, at least you know the name! Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.