• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
movie6.jpg
Looks like some details got leaked about the upcoming Sonic movie and future game! Some notable tidbits from the article:

The team at Paramount has decided to write our own unique story that hasn't been used before in the franchise. This helps to not impede on our artistic freedom. Fans may anticipate a traditional origin story where Sonic comes from his own world but Sonic was not transported into the human world, he was always a part of the human world

the game will use the same character model for Sonic that has been shown from the movie leaks.

frame-rate will be capped at a solid 30fps with only minor drops during levels with water. Schmortega claims that Sega is no longer targeting 60fps as gamers only are interested in eye candy according to their internal surveys.

https://www.sonichq.net/article/Sonic-movie-tie-in-to-upcoming-game-plot-details

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
More dev/pub dropping 60FPS is really a sad news.
That Sonic model is already nightmare inducing so good luck marketing a game with it. And we thought Sonic Boom was bad.

April fool!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this feels like an april fools joke given how contradictory it is to previous leaks

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought threads for April Fools stories were banned?

Or was that the old place only? I don't remember.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say wait until after April Fools passes to make any threads about "news" coming out around the next 48 hours.

If you read the article, there's some very clear jokes within the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.