• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2020
After todays pre orders went live for Horizon forbidden west Sony continues to penalize next generation owners for being early adopters. But what is more frustrating is the fact that in previous blog post it seems they walked back that upgrades for PS4 owners who later upgrade to PS5 version would recieve said updates for free as pointed out by NeoGameSpark on twitter. And yes, as he said it is grimey.

https://twitter.com/NeoGameSpark/status/1433438272672440324/photo/1

E-SYgtiXIAgaVua

fTCCwOe.png

This is just poor consumer practice and it sucks it's continuing to be tolerated. My measley 70$ won't mean much but I refuse to buy Sony games if I being penalized for being an early adopter. Duel sense implementation and 4k60 support is not something us as ps5 owners should be charged 10$ for.

Oct 25, 2017
This situation sucks shit but that paragraph in the OP does not promise non-launch games will be free upgrades. It's very easy to read it that way, but when they say "launch games will be free upgrades" they are no longer talking about Horizon even though it was included in the list of games also coming to PS4.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This situation sucks shit but that paragraph in the OP does not promise non-launch games will be free upgrades. It's very easy to read it that way, but when they say "launch games will be free upgrades" they are no longer talking about Horizon even though it was included in the list of games also coming to PS4.
Because it got pushed out of the launch window? That's ridiculous

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
As was said in the other thread, that's bullshit on Sony's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.