• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
From PS Blog:

Please note that the ability to transfer game saves between a PS4 version and a PS5 version of the same game is a developer decision, and will vary title by title for cross-generational games.

For Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, when players decide to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 their game saves will transfer.* Sackboy: A Big Adventure also will support game save transfers from PS4 to PS5 in an update that will be delivered shortly after the release of the game.* We'll share additional details on both games closer to launch.

blog.playstation.com

PS4 games on PS5: Your top questions answered

Details on backward compatibility, how Game Boost enhances select PS4 titles, and more.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping that Genshin will have cross-save between PS4 and PS5.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
It was clear this was the case when Insomniac confirmed that the saves from Miles would transfer across versions. Glad to see it confirmed to be a developer issue.

Pretty poor from Yakuza and Dirt devs honestly.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does that mean that this functionality exists on a system level? Still not super clear on Sony's part.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
This matches what Lance said 5 days ago.

image0.png

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it would be nice if they explained why some are not possible?

Sackboy is receiving a patch that makes the save compatible, so why can't Yakuza? I am not upset at any devs, but I'd like to know the reason.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
So even Sony couldn't get it in time for the launch of one of their titles?

with Xbox, it's as simple as supporting smart delivery.

reads to me like a PR piece trying to shift responsibility away from themselves.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping that Genshin will have cross-save between PS4 and PS5.

Is a PS5 version confirmed? If it doesn't have cross-save I'll just play the PS4 version via BC. Ain't no way in hell a gacha game shouldn't be cross-save considering the amount of money people throw at these things.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I find the concept of a PS4 version and a PS5 version wild....for all these sorts of titles, surely it's exactly the same game with better graphics and load times....the structure and the content of the save file must surely be identical!?

Maybe there's some wierdness in writing to it and reading from it if the access is so fat!?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Developers: Implement cross-save on Xbox but not on Playstation

Playstation: Shifts blame onto developers despite being the only common factor between games like Yakuza, Dirt 5 and Maneater

Era: Clearly this is the fault of lazy devs! They need to explain themselves and step the fuck up!

Honestly the complete and sheer denial that Sony has any problems with their own databases is so frustrating. Do people seriously think that developers would intentionally harm their own sales potential and anger fans by not including cross-save on PS5 if implementing cross-save on PS5 were easy and cost-effective?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
"Sackboy: A Big Adventure also will support game save transfers from PS4 to PS5 in an update that will be delivered shortly after the release of the game."

so, they still have weeks till release but can´t provide this day one? seems like it isn´t that easy to do when even first party games deliver cross save features after launch.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Now let the developers decide on DualShock 4 support on their PS5 versions too.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
So I expect CDPR to make use of these tools to make your Cyberpunk save from PS4 work on PS5.

on the other hand, I don't expect SEGA to do this with Yakuza, which is a bummer.

But at least we now know it's 100% up to the developer.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
Developers: Implement cross-save on Xbox but not on Playstation

Playstation: Shifts blame onto developers despite being the only common factor between games like Yakuza, Dirt 5 and Maneater

Era: Clearly this is the fault of lazy devs! They need to explain themselves!

Honestly the complete and sheer denial that Sony has any problems with their own databases is so frustrating. Do people seriously think that developers would intentionally harm their own sales potential and anger fans by not including cross-save on PS5 if implementing cross-save on PS5 were easy and cost-effective?
You missed MS paying devs for cross-save exclusively

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
"Sackboy: A Big Adventure also will support game save transfers from PS4 to PS5 in an update that will be delivered shortly after the release of the game."

so, they still have weeks till release but can´t provide this day one? seems like it isn´t that easy to do when even first party games deliver cross save features after launch.
Yep people read to much into developer decision and not into the little glaring detail even Sony devs don't have it working day one.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Please refrain from creating reaction threads. For now this can be discussed in the announcement thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.