• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What Xbox exclusive would make you purchase a series X/s as a second console?

• Halo Infinite

Votes: 38 20.1%
  • Fable

Votes: 65 34.4%
  • Senua's Saga Hellblade 2

Votes: 38 20.1%
  • Starfield

Votes: 92 48.7%
  • Elder Scrolls VI

Votes: 123 65.1%
  • The Medium

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • Psychonauts 2

Votes: 12 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2019
I realized that I might want to pick up a series X depending on Starfield and Elder Scroll VI's reveal, Game Pass on PC isn't an option for me. What exclusive would force your hand to grab a new Xbox?

I've only added confirmed titles.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Starfield and Elder Scrolls are two huge reasons I'm actually getting an Xbox this gen.

They'll acquire more studios as well, and bring more third party games under their banner... it's going to be tough to ignore.

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't consider myself an out and out "Sony fan" but to deviate from my next gen strategy of PC + PS5 it would have to be something amazing that leverages the SSD in a way the PC can't.

Basically it would have to be a "true" exclusive.

Other than that, happy to go with Game Pass on PC.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I didn't love Halo 5, I was getting another Xbox eventually to see how Halo Infinite is.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I will play their games on PC. But if I didn't have a pc a would buy one for forza games(horizon and main series) and Bethesda games.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
With their current PC plan, nothing since I have a PC. However, I doubt I'll buy almost anything they're making (exceptions being Fable and Hellblade 2 if they look good) as they focus on genres that don't appeal to me.

lilty

Oct 25, 2017
New Brunswick
I'll be grabbing a Series S as a secondary console once Halo Infinite launches. That, Gamepass, and my digital purchases from the 360 era will make it worthwhile.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
It would've been Halo, but I don't see a reason to not just upgrade my machine with a 3080.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm a "Sony fan" because I like their software, but I game on PC and will get all of these Microsoft games there. I dont know if this poll covers all its bases.

I absolutely will play Fable, Halo, and Elder Scrolls though.

Oct 27, 2017
Of that list? None of them lol. An Evil Within 3 would have me tempted, but by the time that hypothetical game would come out, I imagine their streaming service would be available for PC so I'd just play it on there.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Mainly a PS and Nintendo guy here. The ridiculous value of Gamepass + BC is what's making me buy a XSX.

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
Halo, SONY's problem is lack of FPS' we've seen Socom, Resistance, and Killzone and than nothing. There's a reason people buy Xbox's and that's Masterchief.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Ideally I would just upgrade my PC instead and play those games there. However, if that option were unavailable to me, it would probably be Doom and Wolfenstein. Elder Scrolls and Fallout just don't interest me anymore and I just don't feel confident that 343i can make a good Halo game.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've gone for the S as a second console because the combined One catalogue that I missed is enough.
But the only one of the poll answers that would have done it otherwise is Elder Scrolls.

I might even end up getting a Series X or X Pro or whatever's out when the new Elder Scrolls releases.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Hellblade most likely. Loved the first one.

In all likeliness I'd probably get it on PC rather than Series X/S as by the time it's released that'll be the best place to play Xbox games, I guess.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox exclusives are what pushed me to build a PC along with purchasing the PS5.

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda games are gonna force me to buy a MS console this generation. I was able to skip the previous generation because MS didn't have anything I wanted, this was after owning a 360.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
With Gamepass, I don't need to buy a Series X/S. I will gladly play whatever comes from Xbox Studios on my PC.

Bethesda is where it would've gotten interesting though. Without Gamepass, I'd NEED to play Fallout / Elder Scrolls on a Series X. That would've definitely forced my hand.

And I'm not entirely convinced we won't see some type of partnership between Sony and Microsoft regarding Gamepass in the future...

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't consider myself a sony fan bc cheerleading for corporations is dumb

Every MS exclusive is on PC so I just buy/gamepass em there. No reason to buy a box for that

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, since every Xbox exclusive is also on PC, it doesn't make much sense to get a XSX as a second console. If you're going to invest $500 in a second console, might as well add a bit more to it and get a gaming PC that you can also use as a powerful workstation.

Feb 6, 2019
The only ones on that list that are interesting to me are Hellblade 2 and Psychonauts 2 but those will be on PC right?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you only want 1 console is kinda hard to own an xbox after a ps5 unless you dont want a pc, or you really want to have the BC games.

Right

Nov 24, 2017
None of those.
Only interested in arkane's next game. Or the initiative's game, but I gotta see extended footage first.

Status
Not open for further replies.