• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
There have been speculations since last couple of months that Sony will make a move for PlayStation 5 soon, now, Sony has officially registered PlayStation 5.pro domain along with Playstation.com website.

The details to officially registered PlayStation 5.pro domain and playstation.com website were found recently on securitytrails website. The website also shows Alexa ranking of playstation.com and places it at number 508 in Alexa Rank.

ps5domain.jpg

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen any rumors about Sony launching with 2 SKUs, but they will obviously want to launch a Pro down the line and this protects the domain.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
The .pro domain suffix is solely for professional use, so most likely the domain for PS5 development community.

It's nothing to do with a putative Pro console.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I posted in every PS5 thread saying PS5 in 2019 and in every one I was dogpiled

I still believe 2019

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The .pro domain suffix is solely for professional use, so most likely the domain for PS5 development community.

It's nothing to do with a putative Pro console.
yea i dont get why do people think they have a website specifically for a PS5 pro.
but i think the reveal is getting close.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I am almost surprised it wasnt already registered? I dont think this tells very much though.. a Pro model was always going to happen after the success of the PS4 Pro.

Turrican3

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
This is the registrar: Shanghai Meicheng Technology Information Development Co., Ltd

I don't know, seems cybersquatting to me...

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
A reveal at PSX Dec 2019 would hurt PS4 sales during Christmas, right ?

I expect a small teaser in Jan 2020, then the announcement of PS Meeting for Feb 2020, like they did for PS4, it seems more logical

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
A reveal at PSX Dec 2019 would hurt PS4 sales during Christmas, right ?

I expect a small teaser in Jan 2020, then the announcement of PS Meeting for Feb 2020, like they did for PS4, it seems more logical
Well, Sony doesn't really care for December sales. They just focus on November.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
So we'll see a double SKU from sony?
Playstation Amateur and Pro right off the bat

That would be good for me but horrible for the Sony marketing team..

Edit: NM, another fake lol

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
They will launch two SKUs then? Will be interesting to see the price difference and how much more powerful the Pro version is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.