• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is a game designed to take all the advantages of the PS5's hardware. Don't hold your breath waiting for a PS4 version.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
From today's info drop:

We are also excited for the game to demonstrate the power of PlayStation 5 this holiday. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales will show off near-instant loading, ray-tracing, 3D audio and the DualSense controller. We've upgraded our characters with 4D scans and improved skin shading for more realistic looking characters and spline-based hair that moves far more naturally. Many of the city's assets have also been updated to take advantage of the new console. As you experience Miles's story, you'll see, hear, and feel things in a whole new way, all thanks to PS5.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it will be, IMO. They're going to want to sell PS5s and Sony keeps acknowledging the generational shifts. I could see Spider-Man rereleased for PS5 as a GOTY/Ultimate Edition or though BC.
But Miles as separate purchase or download from PSN.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this too, but Marvel have suggested it is PS5 only

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Additional Details

Takes place 1 year after the first game Full game; akin to Uncharted: Lost Legacy in scope "Near instant" loading Ray-tracing, 3D audio NYC assets updated to take advantage of PS5 https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/18/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-an-update-from-insomniac-games/ Web me...

Although technically that wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of a PS4 version too.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I don't see them missing out on the 100m+ install base for this game. Their sales potential would be massively limited otherwise.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
It's a PS5 game my dudes.

Please do not make threads based on a mere Tweet especially when it is speculation that is contrary to current press releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.