• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think about Sony exclusive deals?

• Yes, they are anti consumer

Votes: 55 46.6%
  • No, I'm a Sony fanboy

Votes: 63 53.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2018
User Banned (Permanent) - Platform Warring and Trolling Over Multiple Posts; Long history of infractions for the same thing.
Well the title speaks for itself.
For the entirety of this gen Sony is the only platform holder who still uses the shity tactic of locking content and games behind their platform. This is unacceptable in 2020!
Destiny items, Control season pass and now MW2 remaster getting held hostage by the their deal with Activision.
While their main competitor MS are open to all platforms. Phil himself said that they are not interested in those types of deals. And I believe him. I'm pretty sure that Hellblade 2 and Outer Worlds 2 will come to PS5 as well because the first games where on the Sony platform.

So what do you think Era? Is there any way to stop Sony from being anti-consumer? Or will they continue with this into the next gen?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hellblade 2 and Outer Worlds 2 will probably not come to PS5, but Outer Worlds 1 DLC will certainly come to PS4.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
You seriously think MS will fund and develop Hellblade 2 and Outer Worlds 2 and let them come to PS5? Good lord no.

Kind of surprised you left out FF7R, but it is what it is. I blame the Publishers more than Sony, they took the deals. Is it disappointing? Sure, but I don't give it the time of day. Like with Rise of the Tomb Raider, I bought it when I had the time when it released on PS4. Was frustrating with how hard it was to get them to even say that game was Timed Exclusive. At least Sony is upfront about it, unlike that fiasco.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
While their main competitor MS are open to all platforms. Phil himself said that they are not interested in those types of deals. And I believe him. I'm pretty sure that Hellblade 2 and Outer Worlds 2 will come to PS5 as well because the first games where on the Sony platform.

This is going to be fun to look back on.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
That's not what anti-consumer means, though. People really need to learn to use the word in the right context.

Also, Sony is not the only company doing timed exclusive deals. Microsoft does them, Epic does them, Nintendo does them and so on.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
For the entirety of this gen Sony is the only platform holder who still uses the shity tactic of locking content and games behind their platform. This is unacceptable in 2020!
Destiny items, Control season pass and now MW2 remaster getting held hostage by the their deal with Activision.

So what do you think Era? Is there any way to stop Sony from being anti-consumer? Or will they continue with this into the next gen?

I sincerely doubt Hellblade 2 and Outer Worlds 2 will release on PS5.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
What you're saying is (mostly) right, but that title is going to make you some enemies, OP.

Oh and no Outer Worlds and Hellblade sequels will hit PS5.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Don`t forget the Arkham Knight DLC. And what about Resi 7 VR on PC?
Oh...and of course Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Yeah, it sucks. Last console gen both, MS and Sony, did this shit, now it`s only Sony.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Did you miss last week when during Nintendo's Direct Mini they announced that Panzer Dragoon would be coming "first" to the Switch?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS owns those developers...
MS owns those studios, so yeah.
That's not anti-consumer, that's called exclusive games, and they will probably show up on the PC. But blocking an entire remaster for 30 days is just baffling .
How is this in anyway comparable?

Congratulations on not reading the OP

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is still signing timed exclusive games for switch, so this's wrong.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Epic Games is pretty bad about it too on PC.

Though Microsoft has gotten better about it, it had a history of doing so through the 360 era.

It can be argued that Nintendo's deals with Marvelous and Square Enix on Daemon X Machina and Octopath Traveler lean into this too.

Apple is currently doing this with some Apple Arcade releases as well.

Every major gaming platform, including PC and smartphone, has this issue in some capacity.

All of them should be held accountable for it.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo just had a direct where they announced timed exclusives and Daemon X Machina launched on PC a few months after the Switch. Expect Bravely Default II to follow the pattern Octopath did. Microsoft had Blair Witch recently.

It's marketing, it sucks for us but they will all keep doing it.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
You seriously think MS will fund and develop Hellblade 2 and Outer Worlds 2 and let them come to PS5? Good lord no.

Kind of surprised you left out FF7R, but it is what it is. I blame the Publishers more than Sony, they took the deals. Is it disappointing? Sure, but I don't give it the time of day. Like with Rise of the Tomb Raider, I bought it when I had the time when it released on PS4. Was frustrating with how hard it was to get them to even say that game was Timed Exclusive.
MS literally owns those studious, there literally xbox games studios. That's not an "exclusive deal" lol

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly OP, who cares? Y'all use this anti consumer bullshit like it's the word "The". Come off of this. Get back to me when streaming services all carry the same content irregardless of other services. Bye.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Hellblade 2 and Outer Worlds 2 will probably not come to PS5, but Outer Worlds 1 DLC will certainly come to PS4.

That's completely different. Those are now first-party studios, not timed exclusive money hatting.

What Sony has been doing and continues to do is not dissimilar from EGS's much derided practices.

It's even worse to segment off content in games that exist on other platforms, especially when those cost the same amount of money with missing content.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

Not going to happen. They will be on PC but not PS5.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The line between an "anti-consumer" exclusive and a regular old exclusive is thin

Is Nintendo anti-consumer for funding Octopath and Bravely Default II in return for exclusivity? Is Microsoft anti-consumer for exclusive publishing deals like the Dontnod game and timed exclusives like PSO2?

In any case MW2 Remastered timed exclusivity is admittedly a dick move.
Nintendo just announced a ton of indie games that launched as Switch console timed exclusives.
Indie timed exclusives are really usually because of limited resources or lack of know-how with self-publishing. Only in a few select cases does Nintendo paid for exclusive indie games, and those are usually permanent exclusives and published by Nintendo like Snipperclips.
I'm pretty sure that Hellblade 2 and Outer Worlds 2 will come to PS5 as well because the first games where on the Sony platform.
Lmao no

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
That's a lie and very short sighted.

Just because one game you want to enjoy isn't coming on your platform, doesn't mean they're the one ones doing it. Epic, Steam, MS and Nintendo and more all have their fair share and continue to.

Status
Not open for further replies.