• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony and Disney have officially fallen out over the rights and profits to Spider-Man in the movies. Needless to say, the reactions of outrage from Marvel fans have been explosive; and now, it's looking like backlash to the announcement could affecting Sony's bottom line profits.

Analyst have observed a dip in Sony's stock price immediately following the breaking news that the studio was breaking ties with Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe. Check out the official figures in the chart below (measured at the time of writing this):

sony-stocks-fall-after-dc-marvel-split-1183914.jpeg

SOURCE

The market appears to be pretty unhappy with Sony not playing ball with Marvel. It is possible they are in the right, and Disney is strongarming them; however, the end result is that this blowback is making Sony look bad.

I do hope that Marvel and Sony end up coming to an agreement on this.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This article is two days old and Sony's stock is currently sitting at the same value it was last Friday.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Dramatically"
Can you actually take a look at the graph you quoted?
Ignore the lines but actually read the numbers.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The stock hasn't dropped because most analysts are still convinced this whole thing is just Disney posturing to convince Sony into taking a worse deal.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it dropped from 57 high this week to 55 as of today.
Not so dramatic, their numbers this month have swing by larger amount since before the split.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
895iUlK.png

Even if the article is old, they've suffered quite a drop today.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Was just thinking, "what two-bit hack source would use that headline combined with that graph?"

Lo and behold....

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
It's down over $2 from yesterday's closing and $0.30 from closing last Friday.

Not sure I would call that "dramatic". I think this thread is more dramatic than the stock drop.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
That looks like a click-bait article from a comic site. They are hoping people look at the graph and not the actual numbers. A 0.1% drop is news?

Araex

Oct 27, 2017
If words got out that Sony took the 50/50 deal, it might actually drop "dramatically".

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think we would see a drop yet. I imagine many are holding out hope that it gets resolved. Now if the deal being dead is a certainty long term or Holland bolts then we are in for an interesting ride.

If words got out that Sony took the 50/50 deal, it might actually drop "dramatically".

We are hearing it was 30% now so not sure where that number will land at the end of the day.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
This actual is old and based on an original bad take but since the news broke the stock has dropped roughly 4.5%.
Not significant as it has been lower in the last 30 days but definitely concerning.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
As others have mentioned, this isn't significant really. Like people on the gaming side who watch Nintendo stock (or with any stock really), there will be day to day changes. Now if there was something significant like a 10% drop, then yeah investors aren't happy with something (in this case the Marvel news).

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's dramatic if you were shorting it. Some people have made several thousand overnight on r/wsb. But if your investing, this is a joke.

Edit: It would have been stupid if people bought calls lol

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I knew it would be a comic book website or some variation before I clicked the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.