• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Days Gone 2
Uncharted 5
Ghost of Tsushima 2
The Last Of Us 3
God of war 2
Spiderman 2
Spider-Man Miles Morales
FFFVII Remake Part 2
Horizon Forbidden West
Dragon Quest XII
Gran Turismo 7

And of course, apart from these sequels, we will also be gettting new AAA exclusive IPs from Naughty Dog, SSM, Guerilla, Square Enix....Which are bound to be received favourably and sell well. Absolutely insane

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lockhart thread got you so worked up you had to make a Sony cheerleader theead?

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
Yes it's pretty exciting what's in store now that all PS studios have established franchises. Much like this and the PS3 gen I hope we also get some new IPs though.

Harley

Alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2020
the Oldest House, NYC, NY
over half of the list is uncreative speculation. This is blatant console warring and it's not even the funny kind

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
What does Dragon Quest XII even have to do with Sony? I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to everything.

I hope no more than half of the games in the OP happen. I would prefer some new IPs. Sony has a lot of great developers either way. I'm sure the PS5 will be a fantastic console to own.

Also, SONY! SONY! SONY! GOOOO SONY! WOHOO!

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
lol, "flex their power".
Also, I can't really see yet how that list is notably different than PS4's...

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
And remember a lot of these games are going to be just the second games in their respective IPs - that is when historically game series have had their best games ever. A lot of PS4 IPs are gonna have their Uncharted 2 moments, but from an already high base.

OP
OP
Ivanovic

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What does Dragon Quest XII even have to do with Sony? I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to everything.

I hope no more than half of the games in the OP happen. I would prefer some new IPs. Sony has a lot of great developers either way. I'm sure the PS5 will be a fantastic console to own.
There will be new IPs but also what's wrong with sequels?

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States

This is where I'm at. I need more than just the faintest idea of an iterative list of hypothetical sequels to really get excited, not that I doubt the PS5 is going to have some really great games all the same.

MadsG

Nov 1, 2017
What is the purpose of this thread? All i see is fanboy-ism.

Afaik not even all the games are confirmed. And we have only seen trailers for the confirmed games, which Sony have a Long history of downstaging at release (e.g. horizon, tlou2).

look forward to the future in gaming too, but come on.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
List wars with imaginary games, must be a new gen coming.

Anybody remember Secret PS3 Game? Good times.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
And remember a lot of these games are going to be just the second games in their respective IPs - that is when historically game series have had their best games ever. A lot of PS4 IPs are gonna have their Uncharted 2 moments, but from an already high base.
Yeah for their first party games, first game is more like proof of concept, the second one usually blows the lid off.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Neither Dragon Quest 12 nor FF7 Remake Pt.2 are Sony games, and they won't even necessarily be timed exclusives.

If Sony want to truly flex their power, let 'em make a new Ape Escape or a brand new WipEout!

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone is saying its sequels...

But I like those properties and I can't get them anywhere else.

I can get the XBOX stuff on PC. So Sony was cornered me into buying their damn machine, just like Nintendo lol.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
There will be new IPs but also what's wrong with sequels?
They generally feel less special. The first game in a series often feels unique. The sequel generally builds upon what made the first game unique by copying it. I don't hate sequels and I'm sure I will enjoy every game in the OP if they come true but for me, the Sony games that stood out the most this gen were new IPs. And God of War, which borderline was a new IP because of how different it was.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Look at all these sequels.

It's funny people are hyped for Part 2 of a Remake of the 7th Game in a Series.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
10tf5.5gbssdsuperhighspeedfirstpartylaunchgamesamazingthingsonyisthebestcompanyeveruwuwuwudemonsoulsisgoingtobeamazingomglikecantwaitforeverythingtocomeoutmywalletisreadyhahawowiewowowthatothercompanynotasgood

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Please see announcements/guide to Era on list threads. 'Platform holder highly likely to make sequels to list of successful IP' isn't a great discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.