• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
First off, let me preface what I'm about to say by apologizing.

For everything. For ruining your trust in me. For involving myself in things that legitimately made no sense and appeared to be acts of self-sabotage. I shouldn't have done those things. So, I'm sorry for that.

And most importantly, for making you all think I was in this for clout, for attention, for emotional satisfaction or validation.

Getting involved directly in those leaks and discourse I had no place being in. Pursuing things like a girl and making that a public thing as if I were covering a game.

I took advantage of your trust in me over the past year and I personally let you all down.

And for that I apologize. I will do better. But I wanted to pretend I didn't affect what was a major part of my life, and for that I want to apologize. I felt really bad.

I don't know what got into me. I just remember many of my friends trying to talk sense into me. They'd say "Mystic, I don't know about that, man. You should get some help." And I'd tell them I knew what I was doing. That I was on the way towards my goals. I don't know what started this spiral, honestly.

Was it the constant overtime? The manic depression I pretended didn't exist, even as you all saw through the facade? Either way, I'm solely responsible for what I did when I made those tweets. I just wish I knew why I did. I truly had no ill intentions. I didn't even know what I was doing.

Either way, I'm sorry to the partners, colleagues and friends I've let down. The messages I never got back to and lead people to feeling ignored. The things I said, potentially including this thread, which were bad ideas. And for being so personal.

In my attempts to reach out and try to unify people towards their feelings by being a more personal figure, it only made it seem as if I was self-important, egotistical, and at worst, attention seeking or a clout chaser. I'm truly sorry. I say that with no passive aggression.

And that's basically all I wanted to say. Sorry for letting you down time and time again, Era. Now I have nobody. Guess I have to do better, huh?

I have no idea if this thread is really okay for this board. Never done this before, nor am I important enough to where everyone will understand what is being discussed.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
giphy.gif

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
who dis?

Edit: put some context into the OP, not everyone is in the loop about all the era drama.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I suspect this thread will last regardless of where it's located, but you probably should've posted this in gaming side where more people recognize your name.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
If you're making a thread like this, why not give some context?

You're apologizing for being self-important and attention seeking, but in its current form this thread kind of makes it worse lol.

OP
OP
MysticDistance
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Context, since I didn't expect many people to really know who I was when I posted this (didn't know if there was a thread for apologies or lamenting on mistakes or if I should have made one)

I got directly involved in discussions of leaks. Many were also posted on Era as a result of me speaking as if I had definitive knowledge. I've had guilt as a result and wanted to apologize openly.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
if you're gonna be theatrical about this sort of thing you should probably at least mention what it's about
Context, since I didn't expect many people to really know who I was when I posted this (didn't know if there was a thread for apologies or lamenting on mistakes or if I should have made one)

I got directly involved in discussions of leaks. Many were also posted on Era as a result of me speaking as if I had definitive knowledge. I've had guilt as a result and wanted to apologize openly.
ok lol is this really a big deal

gaming side is over there

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's about Persona 5?

What can possibly have happened that required this level of self-immolation?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but part of your problem is your egocentricity. Listen the vast vast majority of people have NO idea who you are including myself. Look at this thread to get an idea... so whatever your issue is, understand that you're human, you're important, but try to realize the world around you a bit and stop inflating your sense of self.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Yesterday I tripped over a stick whilst walking the dogs

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's just videogames pal. It doesn't matter.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's about Persona 5 on Switch rumours.

It's okay Mystic. Everyone makes mistakes, no need to kick yourself.

Heh for a moment there i thought it was something important.

OP you should probably say these things to the relevant people instead of dropping it like this without context. Just sayin'

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
oh man this read like a copypasta

you've gotta introduce yourself a little more, man, give context

Status
Not open for further replies.