• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2018
With more people in the game dev industry coming out with their stories of various forms of abuse, someone on twitter seems to have outed Ashraf Ismail of Ubisoft Montreal as a potential serial cheater.

Not sure if each individual getting named/shamed is worthy of their own thread, but, felt like this was big enough considering the projects Ismail is tied to. Sorry if not.

[MOD EDIT: Removed sensitive info]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
i don't think cheating is really on the same level as most of what is being exposed about others. is it immoral and selfish? of course. but nothing in this makes him look like a predator or anything.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he's not doing this with anyone on his team (power dynamics and all that) What fucking business is it of any of us ?

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Honestly, this is innappropriate. Are people serious? Like, this his personal life and even if he's cheating on their partner, who are we to judge that and I can't believe would start a thread about that. Jeez, are we bored or what?

Are we going to vilify and explore every person's life and sabotage everything else in their lives? This is so frustrating. He didn't murder kittens, for god's sake.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
That dude has kids and other family/friends that will see those posts.

Why the hell did she think making this public was a good idea? Simply making the wife aware would have sufficed.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I personally don't think someone's alleged affairs are any of our business or deserve any kind of Internet campaign. It certainly wouldn't have any bearing whatsoever on whether I bought a game or not.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
Honestly, this is innappropriate. Are people serious? Like, this his personal life and even if he's cheating on their partner, who are we to judge that and I can't believe would start a thread about that. Jeez, are we bored or what?

Are we going to vilify and explore every person's life and sabotage everything else in their lives? This is so frustrating. He didn't murder kittens, for god's sake.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth doxing someone over? Jesus fucking Christ. People are so eager to pick up a pitchfork they will turn off their brain for it. What a fucking embarrassment.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
yeah... feel sorry for his wife but this isn't anywhere near on the scale of abuse and rape.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
This ain't the same as being a predator. Home girl should've just told the wife, the world don't need to know all this.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, this is ridiculous.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Meh, as long as he isn't sexually harrassing people or worse, who he chooses to sleep with is his business

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't it possible that he has an open marriage? Pretending you aren't married would be a pretty shitty thing to do, but I don't know if based on the information present here it's something that needs to be publicly exposed. Maybe there's more to the story though, of maybe I'm missing something.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
Lock this up. Please. We don't need to drag everyone down and potentially ruin their lives, especially when it is something as personal as this sounds like it is.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Wtf does she think him cheating on his wife is the same as assaulting women??? You don't put someone's infidelity out like that. That's shitty because it really is no ones business besides the 3 individuals.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is some fucking infantile shit.

Next thing you people are going to do. Is call people out for doing a swear.

The more i think of this mentality, the more it fucks me off. Please spare us your self-righteous nonsense.

Ywqtsdi.gif

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Guy is a douchebag if he's indeed a serial cheater.

But he's not forcing himself on anyone. So...

The woman who put this business out there seems bitter.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
putting those texts out is really sad. I feel bad for him, everyone on the PLANET does not need to see that...

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Her actions are a bit weird tbh

If his a cheater then message his wife and leave it at that. What is gained by going on twitter and doing this?

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Glad to see people aren't dog piling on him. Cheating with another consenting adult is worlds apart from a lot of what else is going around.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Guy is a douchebag if he's indeed a serial cheater.

But he's not forcing himself on anyway. So...
Why is he a douchebag ? Maybe they are having an open marriage or whatever kind of agreement. Y'all jumping into conclusions based on a tweet, while airing out a persons personal life for no reason.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
This has nothing to do with gaming. At all. Dont see any reason for anyone here to discuss anyone personal life.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
while this isn't the level of the other recent stuff
the outright dismissing of someone cheating (going by his reaction, doesn't seem an open thing) while having a wife and kids is weird.

As if that doesn't screw up young children and a whole family dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.