• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Sorry if this is a morbid thread, but whenever we come to these epic pop-culture events, I always find myself thinking about the people who wake up on the day of release excited but are killed over the course of the day in accidents etc.

Given that basically everyone on the planet wants to see this movie it's fair to say there are a decent number of people worldwide who won't make the next 15-24 hours before it releases in their country.

Wasn't there even that guy who died while watching Infinity War? Spare a thought for the folks who won't get to see how it ends. Is this a weird way to think?

Me for the next 15 hours before I get to see it:

DefinitiveCavernousIndianrockpython-small.gif

EDIT: I made a huge mistake

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
I'd feel sad for them because of all the other shit they won't do, seeing the end of a movie isn't high on the list of life experiences they'll be missing out on.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
endgame probably isn't on the list of things they'd wish to see before the end. what an insensitive and moronic take.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Of the lifetime of things they'd miss forever, you felt sorry because they'd miss a movie?
I mean... I get that you're excited for it, hell I am too, but really?

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
OK guys, I respect that the MCU means a lot to a lot of people and for good reason, but this is a little much

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
my parents' lives would've been so much more fulfilling if they spent two hours watching people in funny costumes fight a purple man

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either they're in an afterlife where everything is on demand or they're too dead to care, I'm not feeling the thought

Maybe if a big fan lost their hearing or sight in the meantime or whatever. Is this where the avengers threads jumped the shark?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
MCU fans are falling over themselves to see just how hyped they can be it seems so much that they believe dying people believe they are missing out

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I will never watch this movie. Pray for me.

It is amazing how people's lives nowadays revolve around the latest product churned out by megacorporations. They're almost worshipped like a deity. It's the cyberpunk future, people!

Last edited:

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
Yes, it's a weird way to think. I'd probably spare a thought for them never seeing their children or loved ones again rather than sparing a thought for them never seeing 3 hours of digital effects and millionaires in costumes.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
endgame probably isn't on the list of things they'd wish to see before the end. what an insensitive and moronic take.
it's not insensitive, or moronic, or even a take.
it's just a thought. silly or irreverant or maybe even a bit thoughtless in its zealousness, but nothing to really come at the OP over, at least IMO
i've seen stronger and more poignant thoughts expressed before. but this is fine. maybe a little much but like, I know people who have been very excited for this culmination of the MCU since they became aware that the MCU was headed someplace definitive. there's more important things in life, a 'seminal' pop-culture moment might register petty on your scale, but if I die early one of my boys better pour me one the day they read the final chapter of One Piece without me

Last edited:

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I swear most of these threads are a bunch of Disney interns sitting behind a desk somewhere laughing seeing how far they can take their shilling at this point.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Jesus I can't stand the MCU and how fucking overrated it is but cut the OP some slack.

You can call it stupid all you want but sometimes I get sad thinking of a day when one or both of my brothers are gone (or me) and realizing they wouldn't be around to see something they would have loved. Like a dream movie or game. It's a side thought that has little to do with insensitivity. In fact if it's something I've bonded with them over or I know means a lot to them that just means I wish I could see their reaction.

OP simply meant there are some people who are obviously seriously into such and such to the point it's really on their mind and a few of them won't get to see something they were really looking forward to.

His thought is hardly insensitive. I mean no shit these people have families and other things in their lives, it's not the point OP was trying to make.

Unnecessary backlash. And again I say this as somebody who can't stand the hype surrounding this movie/MCU.

It's kinda a weird and morbid thing to make a thread about and I roll my eyes at "everyone on the planet wants to see it" but don't make this out to be something insensitive.

Last edited:

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
it's not insensitive, or moronic, or even a take.
it's just a thought.
i've seen stronger and more poignant thoughts expressed before. but this is fine. maybe a little much but like, I know people who have been very excited for this culmination of the MCU since they became aware that the MCU was headed someplace definitive. there's more important things in life, a 'seminal' pop-culture moment might register petty on your scale, but if I die early one of my boys better pour me one the day they read the final chapter of One Piece without me
there's a difference with a small local group or of like minded individuals than going into a large room and shouting, "i feel bad for dead people who cannot experience Endgame"

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
So true. I reckon that everybody who loses a child, parent, brother, sister or friend today will immediately be like "Oh, shit, they never got to see Avengers Endgame!"

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Any list or suggestion of something to see or do before I die means squat to me. I'll be dead, there'll be no regrets.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think you might be overestimating a tad the amount of people that are as into superheroes as you are.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I lost my younger brother a month ago. First thing I thought was: Damn he can't see Avengers Endgame. Second thought was: Oh and his kids.

This must be the fucking shittiest topic I have seen on ERA so far. Fucking fanbois.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sorry if this is a morbid thread, but whenever we come to these epic pop-culture events, I always find myself thinking about the people who wake up on the day of release excited but are killed over the course of the day in accidents etc.

Given that basically everyone on the planet wants to see this movie it's fair to say there are a decent number of people worldwide who won't make the next 15-24 hours before it releases in their country.

Wasn't there even that guy who died while watching Infinity War? Spare a thought for the folks who won't get to see how it ends. Is this a weird way to think?

Me for the next 15 hours before I get to see it:

DefinitiveCavernousIndianrockpython-small.gif

EDIT: I made a huge mistake

NO.
nothing else matters when a loved one dies. all entertainment and things you enjoyed are meaningless. there's a void and a movie isn't going to fill that.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, when i heard of the sri lanka bombings, my first thought was how all those poor christian souls had to pass on without experiencing endgame.

Oct 29, 2017
Holy fucking shit this is a morbid thread. I thought it would be a touching story about your brother or someone you went to th films with that has passed away but instead it's this. Fucking hell.

MontTrain

alt account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
The only MCU movie I've seen in its entirely is Iron Man 1. I think I can die happy still OP

Status
Not open for further replies.