• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
Greedfall is the kind of amazing choice filled RPG with dynamic party relationships that Bioware used to make.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is the kind of single player first person detail and exploration focused RPG Bethesda used to make.

I'm not even excited for the next Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls.

Bring on Steelrising and Kingdom Come 2 I say!

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Worth noting Spiders' next game won't be a RPG.

Edit: Actually, the game's Twitter bio mentions an Action-RPG. Though I expect a bigger focus on action than the RPG.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I mean, I think both of these games are decent low-budget-ish takes on those concepts, but they're definitely not usurping the kings yet. We'll see how the next decade goes here.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Spiders improve with each game they realase, but it's still AA tier at best, lacking in some polish and production value. Warhorse on the other hand came out swinging, with some bold mechanics they did not compromise on, but the game was also buggy as hell on release and had a lot of jank.

They still have a long way to go, in my opinion, but I do look forward to their next projects.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
When was the last single player Elder Scrolls game? Fallout is more of a shooter than RPG if we are being honest but even there their last game was an online version.
There exactly one game from Bethesda Game Studios that wasn't a single player, exploration based game, like it or not. And it wasn't even done by the main team.

Their two next games are once again, that.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Let's not pretend that a big, fuck-off Bethesda RPG isn't an event. I know some of you guys were unhappy with Fallout 4 but come on.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I can get down with the Spiders part. Not sure I'm in on the rest, though. No one else really does Bethesda games, at least for how I play them.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
There's something about Bethesda games that no one else can replicate.
It's called the modding tools.
If Bethesda ever decides to kill releasing their modding tools I am 100% certain that it will negatively affect the longevity of their games.
I strongly feel that is a big part of what makes their games have such staying power with the mod communities always delivering insanely cool stuff for free and even without that stuff which takes a long time to flourish it's the fast addons fixing the terrible default interfaces and making QoL changes which also affects people's enjoyment a lot.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
convincing as your arguments are, i don't think either studio is close to bioware/bethesda at their worst.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Greedfall is probably the best Bioware game we've gotten in some time although I don't think they're gonna stick with that type of game to become a new Bioware. KCD is a good game but I don't really want to give Warhorse credit for anything other than being led by a piece of shit.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found KC:D underwhelming and dropped it after ~15 hours.

ELEX, on the other hand... There's your spiritual successor.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Greedfall is probably the best Bioware game we've gotten in some time although I don't think they're gonna stick with that type of game to become a new Bioware. KCD is a good game but I don't really want to give Warhorse credit for anything other than being led by a piece of shit.
I feel like the bolded should be mentioned more in this thread and that OP really really really glosses over

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Spiders are a mix of CDPRED and Bioware. They tend to be more in-depth with their RPG systems than later Bioware games, and games like Mars: War Logs, Tecnomancer and GreedFall basically took Witcher 2's skill tree and modified it; But they also do love their Bioware-style companion-mechanics, ever since Faery: Legends of Avalon.

It's the best of both traditions, really. And I love their actual creativity in terms of settings. Hopefully Steelrising delivers, though it feels like they're going for a more Dishonored vibe with that one.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Bethesda just takes a while on their big games.

Spiders is definitely taking the mantle from Bioware though. Greedfall, while certainly more janky, was as good as the Dragon Age series. Bioware hasn't been in their prime for like a decade, IMO.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I really wish I could see Spiders as the new Bioware because Dragon Age and Mass Effect are some of my favorite series. I gave Greedfall an honest try, spent a good 15ish hours on it but I ultimately found it pretty boring and simplistic as far as the writing goes.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Unpopular opinion: I can't wait for the next DA and ES.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Come, is that the game that was made by an alt-right gamergate guy?

Hard pass. Besides Bethesda is still Bethesda lol.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Kingdom Come: Deliverance got recommended to me after I beat Greedfall but I wasn't interested in a game by a piece of shit. Very excited for Spiders next game though!

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Bethesda just takes a while on their big games.

Spiders is definitely taking the mantle from Bioware though. Greedfall, while certainly more janky, was as good as the Dragon Age series. Bioware hasn't been in their prime for like a decade, IMO.

I really liked Inquisition. Bioware last two games were stinkers by their standard though.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to like Greedfall, but it is so... bland. I have tried to get into it multiple times but I just don't care about anything that is happening in the game.

Everything else Spiders has done is a joke.

OP
OP
Magog

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
Kingdom Come, is that the game that was made by an alt-right gamergate guy?

Hard pass. Besides Bethesda is still Bethesda lol.
Like I said not familiar with that but if you played the game and especially the excellent DLC the game itself has a great respect towards women. If one guy is gamer gate it doesn't show in the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.