• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just showed up on my Facebook feed. This is the video in question and a screenshot.

PBh8kcd.jpg

This shows up at the 0:53 - 0:54 mark.

Personally I am excited for the prospect of a Splinter Cell game in this generation. This is the first time we have seen Splinter Cell in any form of media outside of the Wildlands trailer.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that so far Splinter Cell is just about the only game left to be announced from the Walmart Canada leak. Walmart leaked Gears 5, Rage 2, The Division 2, Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Mark and execute me if old.

Sauce

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I get that he said it's not meant to tease but the rest of the trailer is recent/upcoming stuff. Splinter Cell isn't recent, so it must be upcoming.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it isn't just because of the Wildlands content. I'm ready for whatever direction Splinter Cell goes into.

Travless

Mar 7, 2018
My heart says "NEW SPLINTER CELL LETS GO", but my gut says "oh yeah, Wildlands has Splinter Cell DLC...*slowly weeps*"

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the wii u episode (multiplatform, but I played it with the gamepad)
So I hope for a new one

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Hmmm while the second tweet says it isnt meant to serve as a tease, it is very interesting to show a series that hasnt had a game since 2013 in this is obviously strange, couple that with the rumors and walmart canada leaking a new SC game is pretty explicit about an upcoming game.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it is of the calibre of Blacklist (sans plot/VA), I'm all in.

If it's true I just hope it's a traditional Splinter Cell and not an Open world formula game.

You know, while I won't be disappointed with carefully crafted, multi-route, linear levels, I'd kinda like to see them tackle more instanced sandbox levels a la Hitman. Give the player some more room for creativity.

Geoff Keighley

The Game Awards Mastermind
Verified
Nov 12, 2017
Just to manage expectations: None of shots in the trailer are meant to tease world premieres or announcements, just cool imagery from games in 2018 and E3 that fit the song/vibe.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not getting my hopes up again.

You know, while I won't be disappointed with carefully crafted, multi-route, linear levels, I'd kinda like to see them tackle more instanced sandbox levels a la Hitman. Give the player some more room for creativity.
They should do what Kojima didn't do with Phantom Pain. Give us several Ground Zeroes-quality levels.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aww yeah.

I hate his WIldlands look though.

Watched the trailer, seems like a standard montage not really alluding to anything.

Edit - I see Geoff said that.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
He literally said the trailers not meant to tease, but instead just celebrate games. Nothing in that trailer is a teaser for what's to come.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Geoff would make a full documentary about all of the behind the scenes process getting TGA going every year,
and not those short clips he has done previously.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Would be nice to see another Splinter Cell after Blacklist did a pretty solid job of combining elements of conviction with the previous games

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017

Hitman works because the objective is complemented by the openness though, track someone down and kill them and all the areas can be used through replaying them and trying new ways to kill someone.
Splintercell to me is a spy story and a large open map would be either a lot of wasted space or a tedious randomised structure with tons of useless objectives to justify the space which cannot work if they want to make a well told story.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No chance it shows up. Splinter Cell 7 is still early in dev, definitely a 2020 title. Ubisoft like to announce games a few months before launch so don't expect this for a long time.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
It was originally leaked by Walmart Canada, so it's definitely coming lol.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Oh shit, now I HAVE to stay up and watch it.

Not missing the live return of Sam Fisher Michael Ironside.

Edit - Hmm, not a tease, just a celebration. Could be deliberate misdirection.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That teaser is from Ghost Recon: Wild Lands' Sam Fisher dlc promotion shit. Of course, it doesn't mean a new Splinter Cell won't be announced.

Rogue

Nov 7, 2017
Behind you
Hope so.

About damn time. All my leaks to Crossing Eden and the Splinter Cell one kept never panning out even as I watched it unfold before me.

C'mon Ubi.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
As much as I would love for it to be true I highly, highly doubt it. As everyone pointed out, that clip was taken from the Wildlands trailer for the SC operation....

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman works because the objective is complemented by the openness though, track someone down and kill them and all the areas can be used through replaying them and trying new ways to kill someone.
Splintercell to me is a spy story and a large open map would be either a lot of wasted space or a tedious randomised structure with tons of useless objectives to justify the space which cannot work if they want to make a well told story.

I see your point, but I've always found SC to be very replayable. SC's story, on the other hand, isn't the real draw, so I'm personally not too fussed in that regard.

Obviously, it would need to be designed around SC gameplay rather than copy and pasted directly from Hitman, but an instanced sandbox, with a simple objective and plenty of room to improvise with systems is (most of) the modus operandi of immersive sims, which can do stealth (and story) incredibly well.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
No way its only for the Wildlands DLC.

It's about time Ubisoft reveals it's "Watch Dogs 2012", Splinter Cell for next gen in 2020 LETS GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.