• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this has ever been confirmed before and would have to be the biggest children's character to do so, wouldn't it?

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
The creator said he was asexual in 2005. Pretty sure that falls in the LGBTQ+ label still.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're saying he's an ally.

Also who's the bald guy?

Edit: Oh, he's asexual? Good to know.

Oct 25, 2017
is it saying he's lgbtq or an ally?

goofy question but wondering

regardless i totally welcome spongebob to our corner
The fact they're showing Korra with him specifically implies he's queer? Although I don't know the other character on there.

edit: seeing now that the creator said he's asexual

I remember the panic from christian groups in the early 2000's when Spongebob was accused of spreading the "gay agenda" for being near rainbows. Cunts.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
The fact they're showing Korra with him specifically implies he's queer. Although I don't know the other character on there.

I remember the panic from christian groups in the early 2000's when Spongebob was accused of spreading the "gay agenda" for being near rainbows. Cunts.
Did you read the text of the tweet?

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who the bald guy is.

But is that guy, and Spongebob being an asexual sponge, and Korra really ALL the LGBTQ representation Nickelodeon has? That's not really a lot.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who's the guy in the next pic?

Part of me think they're trying to affect some plausible deniability by mentioning allies.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, I think Spongebob is supposed to be asexual but it's also a joke on biological asexuality as well as the human concept of it?

Who's the guy in the next pic?

Part of me think they're trying to affect some plausible deniability by mentioning allies.
Michael Cohen, a trans man.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
i swore him and sandy had a "wedding", them closing replies to the tweet is kind of hilarious though,

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I mean....
giphy.gif

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
I always thought he was gay, by some extent. But this isn't bad

Also oh boy don't look at twitter

Oct 27, 2017
A very cleverly written tweet to allow people to read it however they want
yea, it definitely has obligatory large corporation pride tweet vibes

i'm not innately familiar with nickelodeon post like, 2000, so maybe there's more, but from this tweet i hope they work on being more of LGBTQ+ inclusive than just three examples

love korra though <3

Deleted member 61909

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Eh, they have, but I can't remember in the show. I remember as a kid playing a video game where Spongebob had a picture of Sandy in a bikini in his locker and I was super weirded out. Even had Tom Kenny in that scene being like "Oh Sandy" or something.
in relation to the show, they have never hinted at it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Can't help but feel that the utter lack of any clarification in this tweet is only going to fuel the divide between aces and the rest of the LGBT+ community. Either it's a matter of erasing asexuality or a matter of asexuality representation 'encroaching on potential gay representation', both of which will just further the notion that we don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.