• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Translation by google:

unknown.png

mancage me if old.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
It uses katakana not hiragana though, are they trying to say 'chimp' or something?

Lol either way

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
The 300m they made from selling off Eidos and Crystal Dynamics was to invest in Tidus' Nice Fucking Testicles.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there was some additional damage when he kicked that blitzball-shaped landmine.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I thought this was a crappy Google Translate, but I checked Bing Translate and it says the same thing 🙌

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Talking Tidus for mobile
Anything you say will be converted in tidus laughter

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Great, make that the next Nojima project and keep him away from the good stuff.

I would guess that "チンポ" is referring to "tempo". This could be a rhythm thing.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Apparently they did this because someone made a song with lyrics talking about Tidus's pp, Square didn't like that so they literally trademarked Tidus's pp

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
alright, I just checked some previous tweets of this account and it looks fake. As funny as this is, I'm going to request the thread to be closed.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Yeah but it's a japanese word typically written in hiragana. ちんぽ

It is written in katakana チンポ which is used for phonetic spellings, typically for words loaned from another language.

I assume it's just a stylistic choice in this case -- some game titles will use katana regardless (one that comes to mind is some of the kiseki games use it in addition to the kanji).

That said there are quite a few Japanese words which will often be written in katana as well. Keitai comes to mind but also fruits and veg and animals? Maybe cock is one of those words lol. I wonder if vulgarities are just often written in katakana. Fake edit: jisho.org lists it as a valid form, take that as you will.

What I'm saying is that yes this is probably the Japanese language subtitle for FF X-3, released in English as FF X-3: Tidus' Blitzed Balls

E: ah would suck if fake

Status
Not open for further replies.