• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Like..... why does this film exist? It repeats Kirk's character arc from the first movie, Pike dies, Khan is Khan but it means nothing to the characters, only to the audience. It's literally just Wrath of Khan 2.0....

Kirk's death is embarrassingly bad.... "this is original, guys." I mean how does Spock know that Kirk is dying, at least in WoK, there's a scene where Kirk looks over and goes "Oh shit. Where's Spock?"

Also, magic blood. They cured death forever.

Was it this movie that killed the Kelvin Timeline?

May 26, 2018
My favorite part is where the Enterprise immediately sinks into Earth's atmosphere after being damaged.

While in the Moon's orbit.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
It will always amuse me that they held a movie ranking at the big Las Vegas Star Trek convention, shortly after Into Darkness came out. Of the 12 Star Trek films released at the time, Into Darkness came in 13th.

There were a lot of joke votes for Galaxy Quest, which managed to come in near the middle.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I remember 3/4 into this movie going.... wait, whats going on? Nevermind, I dont care. And I love 1 and 3.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just making a point because J.J. Abrams doesn't know how to create anything original.

Oct 28, 2017
I remember 3/4 into this movie going.... wait, whats going on?

aliceeveunderwearrtkca.jpg

Nevermind, I dont care

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who really enjoyed the first half of Star Trek 2009 and skipped Beyond due to how awful Into Darkness was, is it worth it to watch Beyond?

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm probably the type of "fan" every serious trekkie hates but i loved the shit out of ST09. i remember leaving the theater with my mind swimming with all kinds of crazy things they could do next

Into Darkness was like the most whiskey dicked sophomore effort i've ever seen put on film. like even cash in/direct to video sequels know what they are but here they went whole hog on such a stupid and lame premise.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
I vaguely remember things like communicating with someone in a night club from light years away, ships fighting each other WHILE in warp, transwarp beaming and then that weird moment where they point out how they cannot beam Kirk up from the moving traffic vehicles as it is too hard to figure out, but can then beam Spock down on said moving traffic vehicles.

JJ does not give a fuck about logic or tech lore.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is why I'm not really excited by the fact that JJ Abrams is coming back for the 4th film now that Paramount has resolve whatever money issue they were having with Chris Pine.

JJ cannot make an original ST film without it laying hard on old material.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I vaguely remember things like communicating with someone in a night club from light years away, ships fighting each other WHILE in warp, transwarp beaming and then that weird moment where they point out how they cannot beam Kirk up from the moving traffic vehicles as it is too hard to figure out, but can then beam Spock down on said moving traffic vehicles.

JJ does not give a fuck about logic or tech lore.

Hey, the man loves his mystery boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.