• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stealing in the Chaz is

• Not cool

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • An unplanned donation

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I call bs without more evidence

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this on Reddit and curious what Era thinks. Someone living in a tent in Chaz had all of their valuables stolen. They were given some donations but told not to expect anything else back. A community member chimed in that it was an unplanned donation, someone else needed the stuff more.

DkjDeyj_d.jpg

QIrTL6o_d.jpg

What's your take?

KadeYuy

Oct 30, 2017
What I think is without a video showing the lead up to the thing happening and the response I do not believe stories told on the internet.

Edit: I'm not saying this person didn't get their stuff stolen but that I don't think a reddit post and comments give me enough to convince me that I have the full story.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I fully believe somebody might have stuff stolen from within the zone, but that's literally true of any mass campsite. It's basically no different from having stuff from your tent looted at a music festival. Common sense dictates you leave that locked up, or on your person.

At the same time, this whole situation is so rich with people trying to paint shit in a negative light that believing any story on that subreddit without detailed evidence is also common sense.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is the Chaz?

Edit: just read the Reddit screenshot - what is the Cap Hill Autonomous Zone?

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
BS trolling or not, if "unplanned donation" catches on, it'll be the exact phrase that tanks the whole thing in the eyes of normies.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Wtf am I reading...

Also, it's a fucking tent! It's a piece of fabric! How fucking secure do you think a zipper is going to be?!

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
How dumb must you be to leave all your valuables lying around in a tent lol

Assuming the story is true and not someone trolling Reddit.

Oct 25, 2017
It turns out running a society, no matter how small, is difficult, and requires someone to be in charge to make sure someone doesn't make an "unplanned donation" out of all your stuff.

It's also really obvious they are letting this go on until it falls apart on its own and hey that might not be too far from now if you've got people in there making "unplanned donations" on behalf of other people.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"They are now reviewing webcam and community sourced footage to help reallocate my items"

sounds like they already took care of that

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Please see Announcements/guide to Era on source material for thread creation. This thread is closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.