• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Former White House strategist Steve Bannon thought Donald Trump was suffering from early-stage dementia and campaigned covertly to remove him from office via the 25th amendment, according to a veteran TV producer.

Rosen told hosts Michael Isikoff and Daniel Klaidman his book was "not a dish on this person or that person", then gave listeners a taste of the dish inside.

He was asked about his relationship with Bannon, which developed around attempts to set up a 60 Minutes interview. "Steve is a big talker, a big gossiper," Rosen said. "He became a source for a lot of media people in Washington."

In his book, Rosen writes that Bannon "believed Trump was suffering from early stage dementia and that there was a real possibility he would be removed from office by the 25th amendment, where the cabinet could vote that the president was no longer mentally capable of carrying out his duties."

He also writes that one Bannon text said: "You need to do the 25th amendment piece. By the way brother I never steer you wrong."

Potential use of the 25th amendment was widely discussed throughout the Trump administration, intensely so in the aftermath of the 6 January Capitol riot, when Trump incited his supporters to attack Congress in his attempt to overturn the election. The amendment was not invoked. Instead Trump was impeached – and acquitted – a second time.

Rosen said Bannon's eventual appearance on CBS was "one of the all-time great" political interviews. However, it did not contain the 25th amendment claim, which in his book Rosen says Bannon was also making to the rightwing donor Rebekah Mercer.

Will Trump regret the pardon now lol.

www.theguardian.com

Steve Bannon believed Trump had early stage dementia, TV producer claims

Ira Rosen says Bannon had ‘great frustrations with Trump’ and ‘spoke of removing president with 25th amendment’

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Before this thread gets going, please remember that there are a lot of people who deal with dementia or have loved ones who struggle. Please think before you post.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Before this thread gets going, please remember that there are a lot of people who deal with dementia or have loved ones who struggle. Please think before you post.
The context is about removing him via the 25th amendment due to this. Not making fun of possible mental illness.

Also, this is what Steve Bannon thought. He's not a doctor. It was not a diagnosis.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Bannon always swims in misinformation -- it's his modus operandi. Take his word with a grain of salt.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The context is about removing due to this. Not making fun of possible mental illness.

Also, this is what Steve Bannon thought. He's not a doctor.

It's not an indictment of the thread, but our members have a bad track record when discussing dementia. All I ask is that people remember others and be considerate with what they say.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, Trump is fueled by projection, and he was so obsessed with Biden's dementia for years. But, I don't believe a word Steve Bannon says. And I doubly don't believe something he allegedly said.

Also while Trump is a fucking horror show, speculating about dementia based on perceived symptoms that we're seeing from media appearances stigmatizes other people who do or don't have dementia. So, it'd be good if we could keep this to Bannon's alleged statements and not do internet sluething around behaviors of Trump over the last 4 years. I'm not saying this to protect Trump, but to protect other people from being stigmatized as having dementia for symptoms or behaviors that aren't necessarily indicators of dementia. Noone has done this yet in this thread, but I'm throwing it out there just as a general heads up to try to avoid doing things like "I saw Trump stumble over this word in an interview and that fits the bill for dementia." Of course it feels good to serve up slices of humble pie, but be weary of stigmatizing other people in the wake of those ..... slices.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah I don't need to hear about these assholes unless it's about them facing consequences for their fuckery.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
not to be insensitive, as per the request, but yes donald trump did seem to be at some level of cognitive decline and i'm not sure anyone needed ol deadliver bannon to point it out

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
not to be insensitive, as per the request, but yes donald trump did seem to be at some level of cognitive decline and i'm not sure anyone needed ol deadliver bannon to point it out

Yeah, Bannon might be right, but he's not a doctor, so he doesn't add an credibility to the claim. And he's a known liar and grifter in addition.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
We don't need a thread on a third-hand account of what somebody without any medical qualifications thought about dementia.

Status
Not open for further replies.