• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

weemadarthur (5 votes)
Sawneeks - #426
KetKat - #478
Stantastic - #613
TheChuggernaut - #657
lokiduck - #672

Stantastic (4 votes)
exodus - #624 (Double)
WhySoDevious - #697
Lone_Prodigy - #699

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
saenima - #169 #492
Stantastic - #245 #613
EzekelRAGE - #635
NeonBorealis - #678

WhySoDevious (2 votes)
oreomunsta - #510
B-Dubs - #589

B-Dubs (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #162 #595
Queen Kong - #193 #200
Z-Beat - #644

saenima (1 votes)
oreomunsta - #210 #510
nin - #665

Meatwad (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #595

lokiduck (0 votes)
NeonBorealis - #167 #387

nin (0 votes)
Stantastic - #233 #245
exodus - #490 (Double) #562
TheChuggernaut - #527 #639

Lone_Prodigy (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #263 #426

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
exodus - #562 (Double) #624

Z-Beat (0 votes)
Lone_Prodigy - #619 #699

Queen Kong (0 votes)
B-Dubs - #161 #573

exodus (0 votes)
lokiduck - #232 #543

KetKat (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #164 #514

Not voting: Reki, saenima, Meatwad, Queen Kong

Post Counts:
nin: 69 lokiduck: 59 TheChuggernaut: 45 Sawneeks: 38 weemadarthur: 38 Z-Beat: 37 EzekelRAGE: 33 Queen Kong: 32 saenima: 26 B-Dubs: 23 KetKat: 23 Reki: 22 NeonBorealis: 19 oreomunsta: 17 Stantastic: 17 exodus: 16 Lone_Prodigy: 13 Meatwad: 12 WhySoDevious: 10

Current Countdown:
jsseayie0v

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
While there could be scum in the votes on wee, I'm not sure that I believe that scum would start pushing for anything like that on Day 1. It seems more likely that Sawneeks and I placed votes on her, and people who are undecided or want to blend in jumped in there too. The silence here at end of day does not make me feel great about this vote though. I would also note that scum does not necessarily have to hide on wee's vote because so many people are spread around as lone votes on random people or just aiming for low activity and never moved.
I agree with this too.

So keep an eye out for: Zeke, Z-Beat, LP, nin, and even weemad.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Let's look at it from this angle though. Who are you feeling the absolute worst about in this game so far? Is there anyone that you would not vote for at all today?

Ever since reading him in Maple Street I've been wary of EzekelRAGE, but that's due to style rather than anything else, so it's unfair to vote there. Wouldn't vote any of the newbies or WSD, wee or Sawneeks (for the same reason as wee).

I know you advised against it, but;

VOTE:oreomunsta

I can't get a clean read out of your posts, but agree that a low activity vote is not that bad D1.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Not really liking Zeke here. Gut feeling.

[highlight
ok Vote: TheChuggernaut

You are putting too much weight into flavor.

I was going to ask you about it earlier when you made your post about not getting involved in the flavor discussion, on who you thought was using it as busywork. Now I see.

Interesting you say you would vote chuggs, but vote stan instead. IIRC werent you like townreading chuggs earlier or was that a joke?

My vote on chuggs: I listed earlier how I didnt like his fence sitting stances. Whether the stance is wrong or not doesnt really matter to me, as long as you make a stance. Weems being on him for the grammar thing was interesting. Chuggs also calling on exo and meat to "back up" his possible scum read of me stuck out to me as well. Which is why I wanted to see what meat thought and Exo thought about me individually in this game.

Exo nothing "real" on me.
meat has a null read on me.

I'd rather kill a coaster than an active player. But right now you're giving me scumish vibes with your night suggestions.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wee is usually more pissed that shes about to killed early on...weird

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== FINAL DAY 1 VOTE COUNT ====
Day Start - Day End

weemadarthur (5 votes)
Sawneeks - #426
KetKat - #478
Stantastic - #613
TheChuggernaut - #657
lokiduck - #672

Stantastic (4 votes)
exodus - #624 (Double) #708
WhySoDevious - #697
Lone_Prodigy - #699
exodus - #708 (Double)

WhySoDevious (3 votes)
oreomunsta - #510
B-Dubs - #589
Meatwad - #710

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
saenima - #169 #492
Stantastic - #245 #613
EzekelRAGE - #635
NeonBorealis - #678

oreomunsta (1 votes)
Reki - #703

saenima (1 votes)
oreomunsta - #210 #510
nin - #665

Meatwad (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #595

B-Dubs (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #162 #595
Queen Kong - #193 #200
Z-Beat - #644

KetKat (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #164 #514

lokiduck (0 votes)
NeonBorealis - #167 #387

nin (0 votes)
Stantastic - #233 #245
exodus - #490 (Double) #562
TheChuggernaut - #527 #639

Lone_Prodigy (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #263 #426

exodus (0 votes)
lokiduck - #232 #543

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
exodus - #562 (Double) #624

Z-Beat (0 votes)
Lone_Prodigy - #619 #699

Queen Kong (0 votes)
B-Dubs - #161 #573

Not voting: saenima, Queen Kong

Post Counts:
nin: 69 lokiduck: 60 TheChuggernaut: 45 Z-Beat: 39 Sawneeks: 38 weemadarthur: 38 EzekelRAGE: 33 Queen Kong: 32 saenima: 26 Reki: 24 KetKat: 23 B-Dubs: 23 NeonBorealis: 19 exodus: 19 Stantastic: 17 oreomunsta: 17 Lone_Prodigy: 13 Meatwad: 13 WhySoDevious: 11

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Inside Lion, or somewhere else, in the land of otherwise, a gentle wind blew, and the soft pink grass swayed. When the sky opened, a body dropped. This place was no stranger to bodies, or to secrets.

weemadarthur has died!

Welcome to Beach City! This is Steven Universe mafia and you are aligned with town.

You are Connie, a human Commuter. You love training with the Crystal Gems and spending time with your best friend Steven, but sometimes you've got to go home. On odd nights, you are therefore untargetable.

The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dr. Monkey.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Good luck!

Night 1 begins now, and ends in:
4q5hsjmfkt

Night actions are due two hours before day start.

Day 2 Start
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Lion dreamed of Steven waking, and in another world, everyone woke. Well, almost everyone.

Lone_Prodigy has died!

Welcome to Beach City! This is Steven Universe mafia and you are aligned with town.

You are Amethyst, a gem Gladiator. You may look a little runty, but you're resilient and not afraid of a fight.

Once per game, you can force a thunderdome between yourself and another player; once this is activated, other players will only be able to vote for you or your target. You may PM me THUNDERDOME: [playername] at any time to get the match started. If you send this command at night, the thunderdome will commence at day start.

The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dr. Monkey.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Good luck!

DAY 2 BEGINS

Day 2 ends:
6b4upvnqnm

Keep up with the vote tool:
https://vote.fireblend.com/123801/

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Right so I want to start off today by saying that I apologize for contributing to wee's lynch yesterday. Out of the trains in the lead, they were the one I was most willing to vote for and that ended up being a mistake. In either case, since they has proven to be town that does give us some information we can we use. So let's do this.

One thing that had concerned me that I was maybe voting incorrectly yesterday near the end was that there wasn't much activity, in fact in general day 1 moved at a pretty slow pace. Several of us noticed this, and the day even ended with Reki asking why it was so quiet.

The facts are, there wasn't much going on and that was because scum was sitting cozy because a townie was in the lead. Now, I know a lot of people have been suspecting Stan because he voted on wee and hasn't had much of a presence, but there is the fact that he was in second place just one vote short of tying with wee. If one of us wee voters had decided to switch to Stan, or two other players had voted him out before the day ended, he would have been the one to go instead. All this means to me is that either Scum was willing to take a risk that one of their scummates could go at the last minute and they kept their votes elsewhere so as to not look suspicious voting for wee, or Stan is town. I'm not able to say which is more likely, but it something to consider today.

Upon reflection and rereading, most of late day 1 ended up being mostly about Exodus. This makes sense of course as he roleclaimed, but after his claim, most of the conversation was focused on him or flavor discussion (I agree that it is important to discuss it, but it's better to wait until more people have flipped to see how the flavors affect alignments just in case there is a flavor twist) and in many ways that ended up taking time away from discussing other players, especially because most of us decided we weren't going to vote Exodus day 1 just to see how he plays in the future. Overall I'd say Exodus' gameplay has been weird to say the least, as I still don't really get him roleclaiming along with his weird voting late day when he switched to Zeke only to go back to Stan when he realized he had 4 votes.

Not really liking Zeke here. Gut feeling.

[highlight

I'd rather kill a coaster than an active player. But right now you're giving me scumish vibes with your night suggestions.
Wait. Stan has 4 votes. Nvm going back.

Double: Stantastic

To me he either comes off as scum trying to coast through early game due to claiming early (like CoolestSpot in LB3) or a misguided townie and the latter is what I'm slightly leaning towards. But we'll see.

Anyways let's move on to the votes on wee! Here's is a rough order of events for how votes and discussion on wee went down.

Vote: weemadarthur

hi. i don't like you backing down from this LP thing.

After going back and forth with wee (mostly about LP), Sawneeks finally puts her vote down on wee. Not much happens there until Ketkat:
Looking over the game, I am suspicious of so many people here. There are quite a few people who have not contributed much, or in some cases, anything at all. I'm pretty okay with most flips at this point, although I would like to keep around nin and lokiduck right now. I'm not convinced that anyone is town, but they're both actively answering questions and working with us, and I would rather look at them closer in later days.

I think the flip I'm learning towards the most right now though is weemadarthur. A lot of their reasoning for both defending certain players as well as accusing others of being scum is based entirely off of meta reads or small nitpickings like Chuggernaut saying he's never been scum before. It all just feels so empty when I look back over it, like it has the semblance of trying to appear busy without actually having to stick to any of the arguments.

Provides her argument for voting wee and puts one down.

Sawneeks: I was kind of liking her post at the start, but I'm less sure about her at this point. Doubling down on the LP vote seemed weird to me and I'm not a huge fan of her just immediately town reading Exodus for his NAI claim at best. I've been kicking around a world where scum Neeks is trying to pocket a town Exodus there. I'm leaning scum on my former boat friend, and that bums me out.

Wee: This is the only thing making me unsure of my Neeks read, because I'm not super thrilled with Wee's posts either. I have no idea where that LP defense is coming from at all. That exchange between them and Neeks soured me on both of them, to be honest.

Chuggs is suspicious of both neeks and wee when he gives his read list.

I'm not a fan of choosing weemad for a Day 1 lynch. It might be better to aim for a lower count poster on an early day (while fully noting the irony in me being a lower count poster ( ._.) ) because more posts means more stuff to dig through on later days. Low contribution players remain a painful enigma in later days

oreomunsta voices opinion against voting wee day 1, suggesting we focus on lowpost counters.
That's....not it at all, Wee.

I'm going over it again but here's the breakdown.

It starts here where I vote for LP. As I explain later it's a half joke/half prod that I wanted LP to do more of something, anything. I also was not against it becoming a far more serious vote if nothing else popped up, i.e. scum reads

Then Wee posts this with little actual explanation

A couple of folks note it and ask questions. These are Reki, Sae, and Ket.

Wee clarifies to Reki that it's simply unbelievable that a Townie could ever pick out LP because he is the 'easy' target. Says my reasoning (keep this part in mind) is too weak.

Ket and Reki pursue it further, asking Wee how my vote somehow makes me Scum.

I wake up and join in on this fun time with an explanation of my vote.

Wee's response Ket's and Reki's question as to why that makes me scum is, again, I've been around long enough to know prods don't work on LP so therefore I am a liar for trying it anyway.

Wee doesn't respond to my explanation post (despite mentioning that my reasoning is weak even though I didn't explain it until after their chat with Reki/Ket). I ask them why

This whole exchange happens. I call out Wee for not discussing my reasoning behind the vote and they continue to simply sit on the 'you should know better' angle without talking about lunching low post counts, unhelpful Day 1, etc. Even Ket enters in again and echoes my sentiment that Wee is protecting LP and that gets nothing out of them.

Wee's next post is:

That's the second dodge from Wee so I vote:

Response? 'i'm scumhunting'. Still nothing back to me.

And then even keeps it going by ignoring this last statement too.

Neeks:
VagueOnlyHare-small.gif

Wee:
tenor.gif

thank you for coming to my TED talk

Neeks gives her big TED Talk about wee and the timeline of their interactions on her LP vote.

Aight, I'm getting some sleep. I'm in the dentist chair when the Day ends so it's super unlikely I'll be here but i'll try and pop in tomorrow morning. Key word being try. :<

I'm fine with my Wee vote for reasons above. I'm also not against LP or any of the other lower post count folks. The only people I would be against lunching are highly unlikely to be up for a vote but if for some reason they are I am against getting rid of these people as of now: Ms. Duck, Chuggs, Neon, Kong, and Ket. Would also rather not lynch Exo either for reasons above.

g'night o/

Then Sawneeks says her last post for day 1, saying she's still fine with her wee vote and who she is against voting.

So its going to be a running theme with me this game that there is no chance in hell imma be getting up for Day end.
So i supposed im going to do that thing now that always ends up biting me and thats make a day1 vote several hours out on a target i only have middling scum vibes on.

i had similar feelings as others on her play, and i found myself agreeing with a lot of Sneeks' argument gainst her, and Wee's recent response did nothing to assuage this feeling.

but then it still a while out and there are a ton of votes still to be placed, so if nothing else i hope this vote helps make things a bit more interesting.

Stan makes his vote against wee, because he has somewhat scum vibes on them. He also does so because he won't be there for EoD

I went through and reread Saw/Wee and I'm actually liking Saw more now. I think I was reading an attachment to her LP vote that wasn't there as much as I thought it was. Wee just kind of melting away from that interaction is also concerning and their response when they came back didn't inspire too much confidence. Guess I'll just park this here.

Vote: Weemadarthur

Also, Saw's Exodus stance reminds of something I would say if I didn't just get out of love boat and her follow up posts on it felt townie to me. I don't really agree with her about it, but I see where she's coming from.

Chuggs says out of the two he prefers Neeks and votes for wee.

And yes you pretty much hit the nail on the head in how I have been reading people. >> I have town read you, Ket, and Chuggs because you are giving me town vibes with what you have contributed, while Sawneeks and wee have not.

I can't fully explain my reasoning, I guess part of it is mostly a gut feeling? The two of them have mostly been arguing with each other and then there is the fact that wee has been townreading LP when most of us have been getting null reads from him.

While both had had opinions I have agreed with, neither have convinced me quite yet they are town, so I'm partly convinced their argument might be town vs scum and I can't pinpoint which I think is scum so I'm giving them both null reads until I have more info.

Does that make sense?
Okay... so looking at all the players and where the votes are leaning... the one I'm most willing to vote for is weemadarthur because of reasons I have stated above and because I'm getting null reads from both Stan and WSD.
Right >< One day I'll get it right. VOTE: weemadarthur

I give my read list, Reki asks me how I'm feeling on Neeks and wee, and I end up explaining that I don't feel good about their conversations and that I think one of them is scum, I end up putting a vote on wee because I find them more suspicious than Neeks, and more than Stan or WSD.

Here's my dilemma. I agree that voting out low activity is too easy. But I'm wary of lunching someone like wee if I can't make a strong case against her, because town!wee can be an extremly valuable player late game.

Reki states they will not vote for wee.

While there could be scum in the votes on wee, I'm not sure that I believe that scum would start pushing for anything like that on Day 1. It seems more likely that Sawneeks and I placed votes on her, and people who are undecided or want to blend in jumped in there too. The silence here at end of day does not make me feel great about this vote though. I would also note that scum does not necessarily have to hide on wee's vote because so many people are spread around as lone votes on random people or just aiming for low activity and never moved.

Ketkat suspects scum votes on wee, and is concerned about the silence at end day.
VOTE: Stantastic

Okay, I'm gonna make this my day one vote.

I read some of Sawneeks and KetKat's reasonings and, though I disagree with them, there's a reason there.

I think Stan's vote is trying to solidify a train on weemad.
Was 3-2 and a small push put weemad further ahead.

Vote: Stantastic

WSD and LP put votes on Stan because they think he's scum trying to prop up the train on wee.

Anyways that is the timeline of events and I hope it helps in some way in helping us scumhunt today. Personally while it is important to focus on the votes on wee, as there is a high chance of scum being there, we also need to look at the other votes as well as I am convinced that scum spread out their vote because they weren't worried. Wee was in the lead pretty early on (Chuggs was two as four different people voted for him but only two were still on him by day end), so it's entirely possible that scum saw this and decided they could vote anywhere they wanted. I still think it might also be possible that some scum are on Stan, either to prop up another town or to vote on a scum-mate so as to not look suspicious/bus him for town points if he ended up getting lunched. For that reason I feel a good candidate for investigating today is Stan himself especially since he voted on wee. Out of the wee voters he is the most suspect.

Also just a heads up, I have work to do so after my lunch break is over I won't be around as much until I'm free at home.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Might explain this conversation if she was Connie
All honesty I thought it would've been Garnet, not Stevonnie/Smokey Quartz

iirc double vote doesn't have to go through to be displayed. Aren't you allowed to just use then unvote? I wasn't the one who used it when I had that power last game.
Exodus is talking about a human-gem fusion. the most obvious two would be Smokey Quartz and Stevonnie (or just Steven but if you want to get technical he's not a fusion). Garnet is literally two gems fused together so she'd be the most logical to have the double vote.
@exodwhat did you say your flavor name was again?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LP is an interesting kill there, I guess they just wanted a low information kill. Shame that we didn't get to see that thunderdome shake out though.

exodus
I would like to know who your character is as well. To be honest, it was a bit odd to claim the power and not the character, despite giving a hint like that.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LP feels like a weird choice for a NK target. I'll go over the other low posters but I figured he'd be fine since he had some heat. Kinda sad we lost the Thunderdome too, those are like a lightning round and it's fun. :/

also rip wee. sorry about that. :<

will be back later

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's weird they didn't go after Exodus given he claimed. Town definitely got manipulated into that Wee lynch

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Rest in peace weemad and Lone prodigy.

Will look at his posts now, he had a hunch on someone and I think mafia panicked and killed him

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Looking at all of his posts, LP was mainly focused on Stan and Sawneeks, found flavor discussion at this point in the game pointless, and was suspicious of the sudden increase in votes on wee.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Upon reflection and rereading, most of late day 1 ended up being mostly about Exodus. This makes sense of course as he roleclaimed, but after his claim, most of the conversation was focused on him or flavor discussion (I agree that it is important to discuss it, but it's better to wait until more people have flipped to see how the flavors affect alignments just in case there is a flavor twist) and in many ways that ended up taking time away from discussing other players, especially because most of us decided we weren't going to vote Exodus day 1 just to see how he plays in the future. Overall I'd say Exodus' gameplay has been weird to say the least, as I still don't really get him roleclaiming along with his weird voting late day when he switched to Zeke only to go back to Stan when he realized he had 4 votes.

To me he either comes off as scum trying to coast through early game due to claiming early (like CoolestSpot in LB3) or a misguided townie and the latter is what I'm slightly leaning towards. But we'll see.

It's pretty simple. I have a hunch against Zeke, nothing more. Was hoping to get some heat on him. Didn't realize the day ended in like 5 minutes after I posted, so I switched back to Stan because I didn't want an uncontested wee lynch.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Zeke being active at day's end completely ignores wee/stan, and also tries to influence town's night actions. Don't like that.

Vote: EzekalRage

Also, I'm not confident we have any scum voting on wee/stan. Z-Beat, nin, and neon all threw down votes that didn't matter one bit. I think they should be looked into as well.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
RIP LP.

That was a cool role. Shame we won't get to see it play out.

I'll put this vote here for now. Want to hear more from Stantastic. But I'm also eyeing people with votes on weemad and a couple of others who had some throw-away votes.

VOTE: Stantastic

I also wanna hear from Chugg since he was the vote on weemad after Stan.

Only have yesterday's votes to go by right now. Hopefully it'll get more eventful and have a couple of more clues.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Also, I'm not confident we have any scum voting on wee/stan. Z-Beat, nin, and neon all threw down votes that didn't matter one bit. I think they should be looked into as well.

You would have preferred me voting someone who was not even there?
I gave my reasoning on why I voted.
"Did not matter" I prefer that over a vote on someone who could not even defend itself

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
You would have preferred me voting someone who was not even there?
I gave my reasoning on why I voted.
"Did not matter" I prefer that over a vote on someone who could not even defend itself

Saenima wasn't around either, as far as I can tell. They threw down one post nearly 3 hours earlier and left.

I understand the value of prodding someone who isn't contributing, but to do so with a little over an hour to go seems superficial at best.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Oops...I've been looking at the wrong vote counters. Reki and Meatwad threw away their votes at the end too....

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I voted but if I'm being entirely honest I wasn't convinced enough to join the wee or stan parades. I went back and re-read through wee's posts before EOD and couldn't come up with any decent justification for their lynch so I went with my first instinct which was to vote for the person with the lowest post count

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the schedule change screwed me over yesterday. And i voted for this schedule. I arrived around 8pm ready for eod only to see Wee's corpse already on the floor :(

As a disclaimer of sorts i was kinda thinking about voting Wee anyway.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I voted but if I'm being entirely honest I wasn't convinced enough to join the wee or stan parades. I went back and re-read through wee's posts before EOD and couldn't come up with any decent justification for their lynch so I went with my first instinct which was to vote for the person with the lowest post count

I just skimmed through nearly everyone's post history and I'm having trouble coming up for justifications for anything. I'm gonna go play some auto chess or something...

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I did see the bandwagon against wee and I wanted to vote as I didn't want to end day one on a none vote. Since I didn't have any good reasoning against any other player I followed my gut and voted Chuggs despite the fact that he had been one of the most talkative people in the thread so far.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Might explain this conversation if she was Connie

@exodwhat did you say your flavor name was again?
LP is an interesting kill there, I guess they just wanted a low information kill. Shame that we didn't get to see that thunderdome shake out though.

exodus
I would like to know who your character is as well. To be honest, it was a bit odd to claim the power and not the character, despite giving a hint like that.
What would be the point of telling us your power and alignment but not the name?
What is it with you guys wanting the flavor name? You gain nothing from knowing the name unless you mean harm to that specific person.
Zeke being active at day's end completely ignores wee/stan, and also tries to influence town's night actions. Don't like that.
1. Did I miss a rule where we had to focus on wee/stan? That is weak reasoning.
2. Trying to influence town's night actions? What are you talking about? I never tried to do that anywhere.