• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
This just popped on on the Street Fighter twitter:

I doubt this is Street Fighter 6, that seems like they would save it for Capcom Cup or E3. Buuuuuuuut, the same person who leaked Honda, Lucia and Poison days before the Steam leak posted this:

And, guess who lives in Brazil:

pYYtI0X.png

Definitely looks like a possibility, at the very least.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Oro would be super cool, but I fear how he'll play in V. Already been disappointed too much with how old characters became in V.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
This has fuck all to do with a character reveal. All the big shit is coming is Nov/Dec.

OP
OP
Bigg

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
This has fuck all to do with a character reveal. All the big shit is coming is Nov/Dec.
What would be significant enough for the official street fighter Twitter to tease a live reveal, then? They never do this for stages or modes.

They're probably saving a big announcement for Capcom Cup, yeah. Like, say, SF6.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Its like they did last weekends at comiccon. They will announced the next country for the olympic tournament

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oro would make sense, though this is a bit ahead of the originally-mentioned November time-frame for the first round of reveals. Either way, bring it on.

What would be significant enough for the official street fighter Twitter to tease a live reveal, then? They never do this for stages or modes.

They're probably saving a big announcement for Capcom Cup, yeah. Like, say, SF6.
I doubt that we'll hear anything about Street Fighter VI until at least Capcom Cup 2020. Hell, we don't even have the formal reveal of the next-gen systems, yet. I'd imagine that the announcement for Capcom Cup 2019 will be for SFV Season 5 (they mentioned more SFV news for both November & December back at EVO).

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

New costumes for Laura of course.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ah shit, this is probably it. I'm seeing Twitter replies to the tweet saying the same.

Gonna request a mod to lock this.
But at the same time, did they use the Street Fighter account to hype up the last Intel Cup announcement?

Granted, Intel Cup news makes the most sense, but a reveal ahead of November isn't THAT out-there. Unlikely, sure, but possible given the circumstances.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The fact they're translating the stream and making kind of a deal about it, definitely means something bigger than usual is going to drop I'd guess. Doubt they'd go through this effort for a costume.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The fact they're translating the stream and making kind of a deal about it, definitely means something bigger than usual is going to drop I'd guess. Doubt they'd go through this effort for a costume.
After doing some checking, the last Intel Cup-related announcement was for the USA's participation back in October 4th. This was done through the Capcom Fighters account & (unless I missed something) wasn't hyped up by Capcom prior to the official announcement. For reference, the tweet is shown below.

Another Intel Cup reveal is possible. But given the circumstance of this exact scenario, it's not a given.

Oct 25, 2017
Oro is bad, and everyone who wants him should feel bad.
Unprecedented genitalia sprite, double jumps and cool two versions of each super > your taste

Also the only character that gave Ryu character development since Sakura and Ken helped him surpass Satsui no Hadou in Alpha 3, thought it's not like that matters since SF4 and 5 fucked up the lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.