• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think should be done with the Kane&Lynch property?

• Remaster of the original two titles

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Sequel/continuation to Kane&Lynch 2

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Reboot in the same style

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Reboot set in a different Michael Mann movie

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • I saw no value in K&L series so nothing

Votes: 42 62.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizniak

Oct 25, 2017
Can you believe it? If all goes right we can finally be once again tumbling through grimy back alleys of some dark city with our 2 favorite assholes swearing up a storm.

K&L is basically as close as we're gonna get to Heat the video game and I know they're not exactly amazing games and this is probably just wishful thinking because I don't think Embracer really works with external devs and I'm not sure how I'd feel about Kane&Lynch being developed but a different studio than IOI but still, there's probably a higher chance for these games to not be completely forgotten. 1 especially could use some touching up to bring it up to modern times, 2 holds up a lot better and is a stylistic masterpiece imo.

What do you guys think? Would you like to see Kane&Lynch come back?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i dont think embracer bought all those studios to bleed money lol
Both KL games had mixed at best reception, i dont see why they would bring it back instead of just doing something new.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone ever care about these games

Bargain bin fodder tbh

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys going to do these threads for all 50 IPs.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If IO isn't making it, I don't care. Something like Hitman 2016 where it's an episodic game would be a really cool model given the main criticisms to previous games was that they were short.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting for my Hotline Miami x Kane & Lynch cross-over.

Call it... Hotline Miami Vice.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, a really cool heist game would be awesome with these 2. Haven't played them in a long time, but I remember loving these characters. I feel like there's still a lot left to discover. K&L2 is still has one of my favorite video game trailers of all time. Haven't played a game this mature since Max Payne 3.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A K&L sequel in 2022?
1689-m.webp

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I know this a joke thread, but honestly Dog Days was the perfect ending for Kane and Lynch, no need to do another.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
The only good thing about K&L is that the product keys works like a charm for Gears of War on PC to activate live lol

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I would actually love a remake of the first. Nothing too crazy, just some polishing to the gameplay. The game was rough around the edges but it was basically Heat: The Videogame. I really enjoyed it.

JorSneezy

Oct 17, 2019
Another scandal involving Jeff Gerstmann?

I kid, what happened to him was fucked, even though it worked out.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Suddenly, a new Pandemonium seems like a real possibility. What would you like to see?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Suddenly, a new Crash n' Burn seems like a real possibility. What would you like to see?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Suddenly, a new Off World Interceptor seems like a real possibility. What would you like to see?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Suddenly, a new Total Eclipse seems like a real possibility. What would you like to see?

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
2nd one had the camcorder footage visual look.

So if the third was made, and with a 9:16 ratio to mimic TikTok/IG reels; I've be down for it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Embracer could have said "we're buying these studios and IPs with the sole intention of developing a new Kane & Lynch game" and I'd still tell you this; you ain't getting another Kane & Lynch game.

Status
Not open for further replies.