• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Must say I would be utterly seething if I bought a full price OLED model just for the actual thing I wanted to come out, again at full price, a year later.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, the famed approach of "dummy upgrades" because a parts shortage could simultaneously both take them completely by surprise meaning they have to change plans around but at the same time they have enough time to design an entirely separate model with a number of upgrades.

This couldn't stink more of repeatedly trying to predict a upgrade model until they eventually get it correct, if they tried.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
This does not sound like something Nintendo would do at all…

I do love how we spent the last 12 months talking about how Nintendo was the hardest hit by COVID because they aren't a machine that pivots very easily…

…and now we're trying to come up with all kinds of scenarios in which they're able to pivot extremely quickly and easily into what we want from them.

May 14, 2021
The theory here is that Nintendo whipped up an improved Switch because BoTW2 wasn't ready? Lol. What a stupid theory. They created this because it's what they've always done.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Hope so but I doubt it. BotW2 is gonna need all the juice it can get for seamless sky -> ground skydiving that runs at a stable framerate

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
man all it takes now is to say another Switch is coming with or before BotW 2—exciting 🤡

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The theory here is that Nintendo whipped up an improved Switch because BoTW2 wasn't ready? Lol. What a stupid theory. They created this because it's what they've always done.
I think the idea is that a component shortage changed their plans and, in the interim, they decided to release what they could.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If the chip shortage was the issue, they probably would've just waited to release the system in general. Even then, the shortage didn't stop Sony or Microsoft from releasing their new consoles.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Garbage reporting. No other way to describe it.
Might as well have made post here on era.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i look forward to nintendo trying to justify a new premium switch model 6 months after releasing a new premium switch model, if only that were to happen

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So they believe that there could be a possible chance that this may likely be a stopgap for a possible Pro model that they believe might be possibly coming, and this is all based on a belief they have?

Sign me up. This definitely sounds plausible.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Both the twitter account and the person they quoted should take the L and move on lol

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
As others are saying, this gives off real weird vibes with both the wording and conclusion.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol
Nintendo's updated Switch console with an OLED display won't catalyze as strong sales as the rumored Switch Pro device, in our view, given it maintains the same graphical fidelity as the original Switch. A Switch Pro with 4K graphics may have to wait until fiscal 2023 alongside the expected release of the sequel to Zelda Breath of the Wild and other key games.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Im not saying its not POSSBILE but the planning to do this would had to start as soon as the pandemic started seems a little too forward thinking.

Like unless Nintendo didnt think Zelda ls launching till 2023 prepandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.