• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
From Polygoon.
'
The latest Fortnite patch, issued earlier this week, has changed the game's cross-play significantly. Not only does the game now make players participate in cross-play pools by default, but the Nintendo Switch version only matches people with players on iOS and Android — keeping them out of the larger console environment.

In the patch notes for version 8.10, Epic Games confirms that it has combined the matchmaking pools for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as for mobile devices and Switch. The studio's explanation has to do with better managing the game's difficulty for everyone.

"We expect an on-average better per-game experience for both Mobile and Switch players," the notes read. There have been complaints about an uneven playing field between those on traditional consoles and those on Nintendo's hybrid handheld console; considering that PS4 and Xbox One players have had way more time to get into Fortnite, there's no real surprise there. The Switch version's frame rate issues and unique controls also prove to be obstacles, especially since the Switch controllers aren't really best-suited for shooters.'

Does that make sense?

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
this is the third thread that completely misunderstood the context of Epic's post

why can't you fuckin weirdoes just read goddamn

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
I understand the framerate issue, but Switch's gyro controls are superior. Fight me.

Oct 25, 2017
Can you team up with people on other networks, or was that never a thing?

The wording makes it sounds like you won't be automatched with them, but team ups aren't referenced?

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a smart move. I'm not a fortnite player but I wouldn't want to play it on switch with the bad controller and low framerate if I had to go against people with higher fps and good controllers. That's lunacy

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds fair.

I also think without the Pro controller on Switch you're just going to have a tougher time in general against PS4/Xbox players.

Status
Not open for further replies.