• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
EbXPgYlXgAEEBDo

en.bandainamcoent.eu

For everyone who has been patiently waiting for “Tales of Arise”

As you may have already seen in media stories and on our social media channels, we have made the decision to delay the launch timing of “Tales of Arise”, the latest title in the “Tales of” series.

As you may have already seen in media stories and on our social media channels, we have made the decision to delay the launch timing of "Tales of Arise", the latest title in the "Tales of" series.

The goal for Tales of Arise is to provide a familiar but innovative gameplay experience to fans of the series, while pushing the technical envelope to deliver a high level of graphical quality to impress both long-time players and those who have never played a Tales Of game. Development on the title has moved steadily forward in 2020 as we overcame challenges along the way.

While COVID-19 has affected some aspects of development, we've done our best to adapt to the situation and have implemented remote development capabilities for our team.

However, we will need more time to achieve the quality and provide the gorgeous experience we envision for our players, and therefore we decided to delay the launch timing for Tales of Arise.

A new launch window update will be provided once we have more details to share.

In the meantime, the determination of our development team has not weakened. It is always darkest before the dawn, as illustrated in the image below. We hope you will join us as a bring a new Tales Of adventure to light.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Notthatshocked.gif

Given the lockdowns, few 3rd party AAA games are making it the 2020 release targets. Which is perfectly fine, because there's way too many games to play as it is.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Expected. I don't mind at all. This means they have more time to make it run great on PS5.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Considering we've seen functionally nothing of the game except the two main characters, this isn't really a bad thing. They clearly need more time.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
how can you delay something without a release date??? Anways, this is fine. Take your time, 2021 gonna be good.
Hope it isn't held back by previous gen consoles

Last edited:

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was just thinking about this game. At this point I had assumed it was coming next year anyway. Would've rather just not known it could've come this year lol. I'm more than willing to wait for a fully polished Tales though.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the game didn't even have a release date. Just 2020 was ever stated. So that means it'll be 2021 I guess?

I am not surprised though. The long radio silence was and extremely little game footage shown was deafening.

Status
Not open for further replies.