• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Tecnoblog (one of the biggest technology blogs in Brazil) managed to get the PS5 multimedia remote controller manual that was approved by Anatel (regulatory agency in Brazil) a few days ago. The fact that Disney + (which only launches on November 17 in Brazil) already has a dedicated button on the controller indicates that the console may be released after that date (at least in Brazil).

tecnoblog.net

Exclusivo: Sony homologa controle de PlayStation 5 com botão Disney+ no Brasil – Tecnoblog

Controle de mídia do PS5 é homologado na Anatel com botão dedicado para Disney+, que chega ao Brasil em 17 de novembro

The article in English:

Sony reached a major partnership with Disney +. Tecnoblog obtained exclusively the instruction manual for the new PlayStation 5 media controller, which has a dedicated button for the streaming platform. The Japanese manufacturer also obtained approval from Anatel to sell a remote controller for TVs with a shortcut to the new service, which will be launched in Brazil on November 17.

ps5-controle-midia-disney-plus-brasil-700x448.png

PS5 media controller has voice commands and Disney +

The PlayStation 5 media controller instruction manual (model CFI-ZMR1) has four dedicated buttons for streaming services, including Disney +. Compared to the PS4 model, there is also a new microphone button. "Speak on your multimedia remote controller to operate your PS5 console and start a game or control your media," says the document.

The presence of a dedicated button for a streaming platform involves negotiations between companies: a TV manufacturer can obtain benefits by exposing the brand of a movie service on the remote controller, for example, since it has the potential to attract new subscribers to the partner company. In the case of Brazil, the Disney +, Netflix, Spotify and YouTube quartet were chosen.

Contracts between companies and, consequently, the choice of media services that are in the buttons, may vary according to the region. That's why the PS5's official media release photo has no streaming platform: Sony could partner with Hulu instead of Spotify in the United States, or with Apple TV + instead of Disney + in another region, for example.

ps5-controle-midia-disney-plus-brasil-4-700x478.png

PS5 may be released on November 17 or later

ps5-controle-midia-disney-plus-brasil-3-700x476.png

The fact that the instruction manual in Brazilian Portuguese for the PS5 media controller stamped the Disney + streaming service indicates that the new console should not arrive in the country and the rest of the world until November 17 or later. This is because it would not make sense to close a partnership for a streaming service that is not yet available locally.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Around what we all expected, whether it's nov 1st,15th, or the 30th who cares it's all the same. I'm surprised neither launched in October.

I really hope that the buttons are just a color and at least remappable, I can't stand the premade service buttons, the mis clicks that take you to the download app page are annoying as hell.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure this is confirmation the console would come out only on (after) November 17th. This is just the remote controller, which could be sold separately, and after the console's release. It's mere speculation by the article's writer.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure this is confirmation the console would come out only on (after) November 17th. This is just the remote controller, which could be sold separately, and after the console's release. It's mere speculation by the article's writer.
Just imagine the furore if the system and remote launched on the 16th and the Disney+ button didn't work as advertised. What a disaster that would be.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just imagine the furore if the system and remote launched on the 16th and the Disney+ button didn't work as advertised. What a disaster that would be.
What I meant was that the console could launch before the remote controller. It could be possible that both release simultaneously, but it's weird to already guarantee that in the article.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda wish they had gone with Hulu or maybe even brokered Apple TV+ support in place of the Spotify button but the other 3 choices definitely make sense

Netflix, Youtube, and Disney+ are all massive

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If PS5 releases this year here in Brazil I'll be so happy.

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
One of the accessories that Amazon AU uploaded last night had a date of November 19th, would put it after the BR Disney+ launch

Status
Not open for further replies.