• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
So, this is odd.

I want to see Spider-Man: No Way Home in theaters. I thought, I dunno, I might go this weekend (having just seen The Matrix Resurrections) so I'm looking for showtimes… but the only movie playing anywhere Friday (or after) is some movie I've never heard of called The 355 and literally nothing else... and it's the same at every theater/theater chain around me (Denver area). I did some searching and this seems to be the case nationwide. Anyone know what gives?

Edit: Would a mod kindly lock this? Thanks!

Last edited:

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
most theatres don't show the next weekend's schedule (other than premiering movies) until later in the week

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
So, this is odd.

I want to see Spider-Man: No Way Home in theaters. I thought, I dunno, I might go this weekend (having just seen The Matrix Resurrections) so I'm looking for showtimes… but the only movie playing anywhere Friday (or after) is some movie I've never heard of called The 355 and literally nothing else... and it's the same at every theater/theater chain around me (Denver area). I did some searching and this seems to be the case nationwide. Anyone know what gives?
The theaters are still deciding how many screens they want to give to 355 vs Spiderman so they arent booking anything yet. Usually by Wednesday they will have locked in the schedule and you can book tickets. They dont want to overbook 355 and then have to cancel screenings which only have 5 tickets sold to make another Spiderman screening, they would rather get it right before they sell tickets. If the showings they offer of 355 do well, they will add more. If not, those screens will be Spiderman. Think of it as a trial balloon to see how well 355 is going to do.

OP
OP
JaseMath

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
The theaters are still deciding how many screens they want to give to 355 vs Spiderman so they arent booking anything yet. Usually by Wednesday they will have locked in the schedule and you can book tickets. They dont want to overbook 355 and then have to cancel screenings which only have 5 tickets sold to make another Spiderman screening, they would rather get it right before they sell tickets. If the showings they offer of 355 do well, they will add more. If not, those screens will be Spiderman.
Gotcha; makes sense. It is only Monday.

Can I get a mod to lock this?

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Is this like one of those anxiety dreams where you go to work in your underwear but instead you go to the cinema and only The 355 is playing?

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
FYI for everyone not in the know theaters schedules in the US usually update Wednesdays with some exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.