• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
[Been Told TheActMan is a GamerGater, so Video Removed, but discussion can still continue]

Ah, the good old days of the Wild West 360 Era.

Era, what insults do you remember getting...or givinhg out if you were mean?!

Loving the guy who wrote "I would say your aim is cancer, but cancer actually kills people"...smooth!

Last edited:

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
xbox 360 chat made boys into men, whether they liked it or not.

i learned new ways to insult people and hate myself.

YA GONNA GROW UP QUICK KID

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I still sometimes think about 3a.m. Uno on 360. You had to get deep into that half-drunk finals week existential confusion to really appreciate it.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I don't remember specific insults, but there was definitely a lot of dudes in their 30s insulting teens left and right, which was probably funny for a bit but just weird after a while. My memory of xbox live was having a few really amazing interactions with people, and then just a sea of homophobic insults.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Cant remember anything crazy back in the day, mostly because I kept to myself and private chats but I do remember getting a lot of people assuming I was hacking even though I was at the bottom of the scoreboard.
why?
because I was apparent'y teleporting... ya mate that's me lagging around on my trash connection. You think it looks bad on your end? Oh boy if only you could see the sh*t on my end. 😅

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I know not everyone knows this, but TheActMan is a known Gamergater and a horrible human being in general. Would be nice to have this discussion without signal boosting him and/or his content MouldyK.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Maybe not as wild but I literally got some message from a dude after a Halo match yesterday like "you still think you're good?" - this being a match where half my team quit from the outset of course, definitely justified to trash talk.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
The dude who played the guitar after talking that shit.
Lol this reminded of this one time where I was playing doubles in halo 3 with a random for a good while cause we were going on a tear. Didn't put my mic on cause I wasn't comfortable talking with random people back in the day but the guy trash talked one team by playing a rift on his guitar and saying something the lines of that, "that's right I'm multitalented I can kick your ass and okay the guitar" 😂

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I loved when people would send me messages threatening to hack me. I'd respond with "bring it on" and then a week later when I inevitably wasn't hacked I would send a follow up message asking what happened and why I wasn't hacked yet.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you feel nostalgic for the old days of xbox live, you can always play arena mode in Sea of Thieves.

Dont know why the most toxic people that I have encountered play that specific mode that has less than the 5% of the playerbase of the whole game

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
My fav incident was Modern Warfare 2 where this maybe 12 year old? said a racial slur. Unfortunately for him he said it at two hardened NYC shit talkers (think Desus and Mero)...who just smoked him verbally for the next 20 minutes. It's like they weren't even mad, it was just a straight stand up comedy bit and since it was so over his head he kept on getting more frustrated since the whole room was in tears but he only got half the jokes.

Some respawns i just hid just to listen and crack up.

That said, it's still not clean out there. When I was playing Apex hardcore a year ago I ran into another kid who used the n-word with the hard R matter of factly when pointing out other squads.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Given that the thread was created on a video from a questionable source, it's better to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.