• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
BBC is taking less and less care to hide their right leaning sensibilities. It's bad for the Tories if there is a high youth turnout.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
BBC have really shown their bias this election, and nothing will be done.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's less about discouraging them, and more the BBC being all
serveimage

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I see it as reverse pshychology. Just making younger people aware that there's a voting deadline approaching will make them more likely to vote.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
politics is so BORING wouldn't you rather raid area 51 and dance like the funny cartoons in fortnite?

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The BBC have shown they're clearly partisan, but this is taken out of context from an Instagram/Facebook story iirc where this is meant to be one of many opinions.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
BBC have been trash for awhile and affixed their super-trash cape for the election.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
The left think the BBC is too right wing and the right think the BBC is too left wing. What's the truth?

Oct 25, 2017
British press is somehow worse then US press by a landslide. Its truly incredible. I'm getting a sneak preview of the ratfucking that would happen if Bernie or even Warren got the nomination and its worse then my most cynical guess could be

The left think the BBC is too right wing and the right think the BBC is too left wing. What's the truth?

What the left thinks. Not hard

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I like the BBC as a whole, but the news department is increasingly disappointing in its approach and with its "errors".

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018

"They're trying to depress turnout for demographics less likely to vote for their preferred candidates."
"Yeah? Well they're not dehumanizing immigrants enough! BIAS!"

I'm gonna go with the left's interpretation.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
BBC is absolute rubbish these days, only good thing they do now is would I lie to you.

Oct 25, 2017

That when liberals and conservatives both dislike something it means anything and isnt a case by case basis. Conservatives have no real points at any time so they can be written off permanently.

Also theres more then two parties in the UK, I wonder which one everyone is trying to ratfuck hmm

British press is overwhelmingly right wing even compared to the US

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
When conservatives and liberals both call the BBC bias I think it's fair to say their probably impartial.
Conservatives are often disingenuous arseholes who dislike the media shining a light on facts that counter their lies and bullshit ideologies, and many hate seeing social changes reflected in programming - lefty bias they cry! Those complaints are not equally valid.

Last edited:

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
establishment media remains terrible? the televised media in britain is still not as bad as the corp media in America by a factor of ten. leave that to the tabaloids

Deleted member 61538

Alt account
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
That when liberals and conservatives both dislike something it means anything and isnt a case by case basis. Conservatives have no real points at any time so they can be written off permanently.

Also theres more then two parties in the UK, I wonder which one everyone is trying to ratfuck hmm

British press is overwhelmingly right wing even compared to the US

You seem to think I'm speaking generally, I'm not. In terms of media representation it's been very fair. Conservatives have been calling the BBC bias since Thatcher and there tone has not changed since.

British Print Press is overwhelmingly Right Wing

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at all. It's so obvious to see the BBC bias.

I see it as reverse pshychology. Just making younger people aware that there's a voting deadline approaching will make them more likely to vote.

Then you would be wrong. The BBC has always assumed the younger generations to be stupid and putting them down.

When conservatives and liberals both call the BBC bias I think it's fair to say their probably impartial.

They aren't, the BBC has been hard on Labour's Antisemitism but has been very very very quiet on the conservatives' Islamophobia.

Laura Kuenssberg is a BBC reporter and has publically stated that Tories Islamophobia is on a different scale.

She has also made zero tweets about Islamophobia itself and zero tweets on about it within the tories party;

The BBC is fucking bias and you would have to purposely ignoring it to say otherwise.

Nov 14, 2017
The senior management at the BBC have stated clearly they don't think they should call people liars, even when they repeatedly lie. The Tories have basically taken that as a green light to just lie repeatedly, knowing they will never be called out by it on the BBC.

I think even reporters at the BBC are frustrated by that line. I heard the health secretary Matt Hancock on the Today programme the other day. He repeatedly claimed that the fact that the NHS hadn't been taken off the table in trade talks with the USA didn't mean it was on the table, while at the same time admitting that the talks were scoping discussions to set out what would be on the table and that the USA had taken things like climate change off the table. It was obvious he was lying, and the strongest language the interviewer could use was to put him the question a few times that what he was saying wasn't true, which he again just strongly denied.

The logic behind it is that calling leaders liars would undermine public trust. I don't think it's an isolated view either, as I've heard it expressed privately too.

Yeah you clearly did not watch Andrew Neil destroy a Conservative on his shows yesterday on that exact matter.
That's why Boris bailed on his promised Andrew Neil appearance. I think most people would agree there are people trying to do good journalism at the BBC, but are being held back by institutional policy.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's less about discouraging them, and more the BBC being all
serveimage

No. It's definitely about discouraging young voters. The BBC have been making countless oopsies to make the Tories look good and Labour look worse for this entire election cycle. It's incredibly obvious, frustrating and scary.

Firstly, no. Secondly, "liberals" aren't left and this isn't America.

Status
Not open for further replies.