• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which serviceable/mediocre gameplay is the best?

• Witcher 3

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Breath of the Wild

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Skyrim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon's Dogma

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Hellblade

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • RDR2

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Arkham Knight

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Hello people.

Great games with poor to serviceable gameplay are not that rare. In this thread, i want to sort the best of the lame.

For some time now i've been wondering which of those notorious gameplays is the king. Let's vote.

It ranges from combat to movement and mechanics. Things to consider:
- smoothness
- responsiveness
- depth
- fun factor
- feedback

Ps: i wanted to keep just the most common mentioned games when mediocre gameplay is a subject, there's many more i'm afraid.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, well, erm...

...you know what, I can keep my grievances about this thread's central conceit to myself, as long as Skyrim wins last place, like it deserves. Go Skyrim, you can do it!

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Oh this thread will not end well...

This is all subjective. I can feel my "TES has great gameplay" nerves twitching but I won't rise to it. I'll just suggest that combat isn't everything where gameplay is concerned.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol adding a MC97 rated title to your list. Ok.

Pretty sure this is bait in response to the 84 MC review thread

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The combat isn't the only part of the gameplay (and it's still better than every other game on that list except DD).
Arkham Knight's on-the-ground combat is tight as fucc, as Arkham combat tends to be. I like BoTW's combat for a lot of weird reasons, but Arkham Knight's got the strongest combat of any game on this list, easily. Arkham is at the top of the game, not even Spider-Man will compete until the Spider-Man games make all gadgets accessible via button combos rather than just through a weapon wheel.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This has to be a troll.

RDR 2 gameplay is perfectly fine on PC at 60fps. On consoles thanks to input lag it's bad

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this topic is a layup for Breath of the Wild. Like, that game's combat was definitely simple, and it wasn't exemplary, but it was definitely a cut above all the other games listed there (though I never played Dragon's Dogma, so I can't speak for that title).

Status
Not open for further replies.