• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
a2e864017b6d81220e8e9a70f61f417d_w200.gif

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Really remains to be seen if Sony gives it any kind of marketing at all though.
I'm betting word of mouth will be the huge marketing for that game. That or they'll focus marketing on the "look at what everyone's created so far" once the game is actually out. I do kind of feel a "go buy it now" approach might work better than "this is what people have done, buy it next month" thing.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
They've got an exclusive out in less than a month, but hey, fuck that game right?!

I keep saying that. If i wasn't here registered on Era i wouldn't even know about Dreams being out next month. And the PS4 is the only console i play right now.
Not even Sony wants us to remember it's coming for some odd reason.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Really remains to be seen if Sony gives it any kind of marketing at all though.
It's a remarkably hard game to market. At least LittleBigPlanet had a mascot and a distinct style. There's almost nothing to point to about Dreams as a distinct identity. "Create anything" is really tough to communicate in a 30 second ad. I don't envy the marketing team.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm betting word of mouth will be the huge marketing for that game. That or they'll focus marketing on the "look at what everyone's created so far" once the game is actually out. I do kind of feel a "go buy it now" approach might work better than "this is what people have done, buy it next month" thing.

It's a remarkably hard game to market. At least LittleBigPlanet had a mascot and a distinct style. There's almost nothing to point to about Dreams as a distinct identity. "Create anything" is really tough to communicate in a 30 second ad. I don't envy the marketing team.

I would honestly just be happy if it's anything. Game is out in 3 weeks and there is nothing, and it has literally been in development for the entire generation. If they just let it release with a fizzle - and if it bombs - it would just be the most enormously deflating thing for MM.

I also feel like the main message - "a canvas for your dreams" - is pretty straightforward. Then just show some of what MM has created for the single player sections and some basic content creation happening. I mean, how do you explain minecraft to someone, but look at what it's done.

I agree it absolutely should be the kind of game that should do huge numbers on twitch and youtube, but you never know.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I would honestly just be happy if it's anything. Game is out in 3 weeks and there is nothing, and it has literally been in development for the entire generation. If they just let it release with a fizzle - and if it bombs - it would just be the most enormously deflating thing for MM.

I also feel like the main message - "a canvas for your dreams" - is pretty straightforward. Then just show some of what MM has created for the single player sections and some basic content creation happening. I mean, how do you explain minecraft to someone, but look at what it's done.

I agree it absolutely should be the kind of game that should do huge numbers on twitch and youtube, but you never know.
I feel ya, I do. But I just think it's going to get a huge word of mouth push. Fingers crossed, at least. Regardless, they're getting my money day one.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Killer lineup.

And DREAMS was technically released last year on early access, I don't see it doing insane numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.