• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geronimo73

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Self Promotion

According to latest financial report by KRAFTON, The Callisto Protocol and Project M are planned to be released on second-half of 2022

New info coming on May 24th

Trailer Gameplay at Summer Game Fest

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Can we stop it with AAAAAA bullshit terminology, please?!

J.S. Sterling is gonna have a field day with this.

AtlasRyker

Jun 21, 2021
This is one of my most anticipated games of this generation. Hopefully they will reach the time goals, but there is no hurry.
Lots of encouragement with the project, it looks like it's going to be spectacular.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
AAAA bullshit + maximum horror = less hyped than before, but it was low already. Still curious, show the gameplay already. Expecting a dark as fuck (in terms of illumination) game, more or less the same as Dead Space 1 in its day in pretty much everything, honestly.

Title makes it sound like an indie game

Exactly. I mean, it will maybe look as good, polished and deep as Hellblade did when it launched but that's about it.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
AAAA bullshit + maximum horror = less hyped than before, but it was low already. Still curious, show the gameplay already. Expecting a dark as fuck (in terms of illumination) game, more or less the same as Dead Space 1 in its day in pretty much everything, honestly.

Exactly. I mean, it will maybe look as good, polished and deep as Hellblade did when it launched but that's about it.

What gives you that idea?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
What gives you that idea?

Nothing more than personal guessing, really. Plus the studio behind not being known having previous games so I assume it is kind of a smaller one (looks like there's 60 people min in their site btw, more than I expected), and the game being next gen only means budget for a "AAAA" should be quite high. I admit my guess ignores how much development time it has already had or how much outsourcing is involved beause I don't know. TLDR: out of my ass, I don't have a clue, just a wild guess.

I just find the AAAA thing a very weird thing to casually drop like that.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
It's quad A, because of the screams of all the workers needing to crunch their ass off. Or it's screams of all the investors pouring more money than necessary for this production.

EDIT. But yeah, I believe in Schofield and his team. The game will probably be great despite the silly AAAAAAAAAAAAA labels

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. The first image is the ingame one? I knew that CGI traielr was too good to be true. Silly me thinking the graphics would be close to that cus it was current-gen only. But again PUBG was never the powerhouse in graphics so this is kinda expected..

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
I'm looking forward to this survival horror in the amazing and expansive PLAYER UNKOWNS BATTLEGROUND universe. Truly the lore will be equal to no other in the interaction media space.

But I do like playing spooky games at Christmas so a fall release is perfect timing

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
2k, Rockstar started it with calling RDR2 that, I forgot what other pubs followed.

I missed RDR2 case, but Microsoft used this "term" in 2012. Probably other pubs before that, but this is the earliest case that I remember. Wonder what game this was.

"Microsoft Studios (Xbox) is looking for a dynamic and seasoned executive producer to lead and develop a world-class team who will own the creation and delivery of a AAAA experience that delivers on first party goals and, more importantly, creates a fun gaming experience for our audience."

www.eurogamer.net

Microsoft hiring for "a major Xbox AAAA console title"

Triple-A projects no longer win at game-budget Top Trumps - Microsoft is hiring for an "AAAA" Xbox title. "A major Xboxā€¦

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
"Quad A", "Maxium horror experience", "Distinguished action mechanics"

Please somebody put a stop to this vomit

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing more than personal guessing, really. Plus the studio behind not being known having previous games so I assume it is kind of a smaller one (looks like there's 60 people min in their site btw, more than I expected), and the game being next gen only means budget for a "AAAA" should be quite high. I admit my guess ignores how much development time it has already had or how much outsourcing is involved beause I don't know. TLDR: out of my ass, I don't have a clue, just a wild guess.

I just find the AAAA thing a very weird thing to casually drop like that.

Hellblade was self-funded by Ninja Theory, this is published by the people who own PUBG and backed by Tencent. Also Striking Distance is lead by Glen Schofield, one of the creators of Dead Space. They know what AAA horror looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.