• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of other streamers have been complaining about the new season as well and talking about moving over to Minecraft.

Epic really messed up.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Replace "Fortnite" by "Microsoft" and "season X changes" with "money" and you probably have a more accurate title.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
yes i'm sure the fortnite changes are what drove Ninja to play a Microsoft game after taking a massive payday from Microsoft to stream exclusively on Microsoft's platform

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
He's got to be sick of Fortnite anyway. Probably was looking to make a change.

Nov 23, 2017
I'm sure the fans who want to see someone expertly win solo queue and tune in for that skill level in a 1 v 100 game wants to see *checks notes* their dumb castle or red stone thing or whatever. It's clearly ms money.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Behold, the discussion that results when OP is one line long and provides little context.

It's not like Fortnite hasn't been putting a fair number of streamers off lately with its season X changes. I mean, I get the skepticism, but that someone who's been vocal about Fortnite having a weird balance lately, switching to another popular streaming game, is not all that big a surprise.

Last edited:

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of big streamers have been playing Minecraft for a couple weeks now. Including a lot of people Ninja usually streams with so I wouldn't be so quick to say Microsoft had any input in him playing it. Seems to be a move many popular streamers are making recently.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Replace "Fortnite" by "Microsoft" and "season X changes" with "money" and you probably have a more accurate title.
LOL.

It's microsoft paying him to play Minecraft, don't be so naive.
yes i'm sure the fortnite changes are what drove Ninja to play a Microsoft game after taking a massive payday from Microsoft to stream exclusively on Microsoft's platform
Before WoW Classic, pretty much every big streamer started streaming Minecraft somewhat recently.

Ya'll are gonna be claiming this when he plays the Master Chief Collection and Halo Infinite when they release on PC, even though Halo is his roots.

A lot of big streamers have been playing Minecraft for a couple weeks now. Including a lot of people Ninja usually streams with so I wouldn't be so quick to say Microsoft had any input in him playing it. Seems to be a move many popular streamers are making recently.
Yuuup

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if these Fortnite changes push him towards Gears 5 next month.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Don't expect this to last for long, he already "quitted" Fortnite once and started playing Uno with his folks for similar reasons, just to start playing Fortnite again the day after. This probably is a Microsoft thing that he's not disclosing to make it more "real", nothing else.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat off topic, but how good are 15k viewers for him anyway? Is that comparable to the crowd he drew at this time before moving on to Mixr or did his audience drop very significantly?

Sanzio

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, a lot of Fortnite streamers jumped to Minecraft or Wow Classic now. Fortnite is just bad this season with unnecessary changes to the game and what not.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
I just think it's kinda convenient that a guy who changed streaming platforms to one owned by Microsoft would suddenly start streaming Minecraft a month later.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, no. Microsoft didn't pay a fortune for him to stop doing what he's popular at. Minecraft also really doesn't need that sort of push.
Microsoft payed a fortune for his millions of fans. You'd have to be very naive to not even consider the possibility they'd want him to play some microsoft products on stream.

Hell I'd be very suprised if he is allowed to decide what to play at all. I'd assume with rhe money involed a commitee has to agree on some whitleist of games he's allowed to play.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Its not just Ninja.

Dr Lupo, Timthetatman, CourageJD, Trevor May, and a bunch of other usual Fortnite streamers have bounced over to Minecraft too. Sure the easy layup joke here is Ninja = Mixer = Microsoft = Minecraft, but there's more to it than just Ninja

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
oh you guys are saying hes doing it for money holy shit what a revelation that of all the people ninja is the one doing such a thing

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Its been happening alot more lately. I figured that since Minecraft is around 10 years old people are going back to it as a bit of a nostalgia trip.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think its either MS or Fortnite. Minecraft is seeing a serious resurgence right now. Ninja is just hopping on to something that might be super popular again.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
He should just play the Fortnite PvE mode, complain about how grindy it is so Epic has to make it less grindy.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something about speed building nerfs? Never played Fortnite, but I can tell a large vocal group of the community is pissed.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Its not just Ninja.

Dr Lupo, Timthetatman, CourageJD, Trevor May, and a bunch of other usual Fortnite streamers have bounced over to Minecraft too. Sure the easy layup joke here is Ninja = Mixer = Microsoft = Minecraft, but there's more to it than just Ninja

Why Minecraft though and not some other battle royale like PubG, Apex, Blackout, etc? The games aren't even remotely similar. Large viewerbase?

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if these Fortnite changes push him towards Gears 5 next month.
shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhat off topic, but how good are 15k viewers for him anyway? Is that comparable to the crowd he drew at this time before moving on to Mixr or did his audience drop very significantly?
Yeah, that's a normal day for Ninja, is what he usually did on Twitch. Remember that when he absolute peaked playing with Drake he had 100k concurrent viewers. 15k is average viewership for him.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I just think it's kinda convenient that a guy who changed streaming platforms to one owned by Microsoft would suddenly start streaming Minecraft a month later.
I mean sure if you know nothing about streamers and Fortnite then might be the way to think. But anyone who actually watches and pays attention to Fortnite streamers knows that switching over to Minecraft has been going on for a few months now and Ninja finally got fed up with the most recent patch and decided to join his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.