• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inappropriate Joke; Account in Junior Phase
Back in 2011 if you took too long during your acceptance speech at the Spike VGAs a military man would run out and teabag you

I think this was very funny and they should bring it back, it would help incentivize devs taking up less show time that could go towards reveal trailers

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember watching this happen live.

Like a train wreck, I couldn't look away and the horrifying carnage will forever live rent free in my mind.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you wanna get teabagged just play killer in Dead by daylight

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your mistake was posting this on Era. Joke flies over heads here

CloakBass

Dec 10, 2017
Was this threatened/attempted on any winners that did not agree ahead of time because if not... this is straight up sexual assault?

Chosen Onez

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2021
Damn....wtf....

how you gonna leave your boy like that and let him get dipped on.

can't lie tho if it were me I would've bounced too haha

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember this. I think I was better off not remembering, to be honest.

No. This is dumb. The people getting an award should have as much time as they need to talk, in my opinion.

Like... imagine if they tried to do this for something like That Dragon Cancer. Just thinking about it is making me so angry right now...

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
No, video games don't need to go back to an era of toxic boys club attitude everywhere you look

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
I tell my friends this happened and they don't believe me but it definitely happened. Thank fuck shit like that doesn't happen anymore, with recent TGA.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
This was the only game awards I watched and I bailed when that skit came on. No regrets.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man the Spike VGAs were the worst. Remember that show with Geoff and Joel McHale? Uff.

whoaaa, that happened during the Spike era?

for some reason I thought the Spike VGAs were some totally foreign realm to me, but I guess I watched at least one of those lol

(I remember enjoying McHale's presence way more than other people seemed to)

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
While you're at it, why not demand that Angry Joe accost Geoff during every awards ceremony as well? /s

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
While you're at it, why not demand that Angry Joe accost Geoff during every awards ceremony as well? /s

Didn't this guy pretend to have an orgasm or something while interviewing Felicia Day? That was super awkward and inappropriate but I guess that's what guys find funny. Seems right in line with this teabagging skit, except Felicia wasn't in on the joke.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I feel like the modern equivalent of this would be someone coming on and doing a Fortnite dance or something. Maybe they should do that instead?

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
oh, look one of the biggest reasons, in video form, people would be embarrassed to be playing videogames.

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
Didn't this guy pretend to have an orgasm or something while interviewing Felicia Day? That was super awkward and inappropriate but I guess that's what guys find funny. Seems right in line with this teabagging skit, except Felicia wasn't in on the joke.

I hope it was clear that I was being sarcastic and that I think Angry Joe is massively cringe and can be obnoxious and rude. We don't need more Angry Joe at the awards ceremonies.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
lol that's incredible. There are certain devs I'd love to see get teabagged but for most I wouldn't want to ruin their moment

Status
Not open for further replies.