• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
crackdown3_toybox_shot0004.jpg

Last month, we gave you Crackdown 3's Keys to the City, providing a deep menu of Campaign tools and cheats to unleash unprecedented havoc, alongside a new vanity progression system for Wrecking Zone. Today, we're excited to announce the free Flying High Campaign update, available with Xbox Game Pass and on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

With Flying High you have new gadgets to collect, new Achievements to earnā€”and a whole new way to explore the expansive, vertical world of New Providence.

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's you soaring above the city with the Agency Wingsuit! Reach new heights, attack enemies from above, and test your flying skills in one of seven Wingsuit races.

Eager to bring even more boom? Try the Clusterduck grenade and its chain-reaction explosions. If that doesn't fit the duckbill, make it rain with the Hellstorm Flare to call in air-strikes from the Island Defense Turrets or deploy the Agency Peacekeeper Beacon to summon Civilian Militia backup.

But that's not all! Unearth the Elemental Forge gadget to summon four over-the-top melee weapons, each with its own unique environmental damage effects. Light up your foes with the Flaming Sword, give them a shocking send-off with the Electric Hammer, keep it cool with the Ice Mace, or be the toxin of the town with the Chimera Axe. Swing, smash and throw each weapon to unleash chaotic fun.

Looks like a fun time. The update is free and live already, and it seems pretty substantial. And as always, it comes with new achievements to boot. Gotta say I dig the long term support that Microsoft and Sumo Digital has thrown behind the game, even if most of the reception has been lukewarm. Absolute unit of a game in my eyes tho.

Source: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/28/crackdown-3-free-flying-high-campaign-update-available-now/

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown has a 54% rating on PC Metacritic.
Anthem has a 54% rating on PS4 Metacritic.

Anthem PS4 GOTY confirmed. Death Stranding has no chance.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ya know I had a lot of fun with this game. It was barely something I was interested in, but I ended up 100%ing the campaign. Game Pass has turned out to be great for stuff like this. I'll probably give this update a crack too. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
It's cool that they're supporting the game. Feel like the thread title is going to take away from actual discussion about the update though.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I started playing it a few days ago and I was surprised by how fine it is. It didn't set me on fire or anything but it was fun jumping around and collecting orbs, like I remembered.

The graphics are kind of shockingly poor but I didn't expect to have the mindless fun I was having with it. Those dopamine orbs still work.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Fuck yeah, I'm down to play some more Crackdown 3. Reinstalling on PC.

Edit: Apparently I never uninstalled it. The update hasn't downloaded on PC yet, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.