• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
The Guardian - Extremist leader repeatedly worked undercover for investigators after his arrest in 2012, former prosecutor and court files reveal

The Guardian said:
Enrique Tarrio, the leader of the Proud Boys extremist group, has a past as an informer for federal and local law enforcement, repeatedly working undercover for investigators after he was arrested in 2012, according to a former prosecutor and a transcript of a 2014 federal court proceeding obtained by Reuters.

In the Miami hearing, a federal prosecutor, a Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and Tarrio's own lawyer described his undercover work and said he had helped authorities prosecute more than a dozen people in various cases involving drugs, gambling and human smuggling.

Tarrio, in an interview with Reuters on Tuesday, denied working undercover or cooperating in cases against others. "I don't know any of this,'" he said, when asked about the transcript. "I don't recall any of this."

In November and December, Tarrio led the Proud Boys through the streets of DC after Trump's loss. Video shows him on 11 December with a bullhorn in front of a large crowd. "To the parasites both in Congress, and in that stolen White House,'" he said. "You want a war, you got one!" The crowd roared. The next day Tarrio burned the BLM banner.

Former prosecutor Johannes said she was surprised that the defendant she prosecuted for fraud is now a key player in the violent movement that sought to halt the certification of President Joe Biden.

"I knew that he was a fraudster, but had no reason to know that he was also a domestic terrorist," she said.

More at the link. Not sure if this is more funny 'cause he's probably be ratting his own members out, or more depressing 'cause it probably means even tighter links between these Alt-right CHUDs at the FBI/law enforcement.

Rat me out to the FBI if old.

Oct 25, 2017
The Guardian - Extremist leader repeatedly worked undercover for investigators after his arrest in 2012, former prosecutor and court files reveal

More at the link. Not sure if this is more funny 'cause he's probably be ratting his own members out, or more depressing 'cause it probably means even tighter links between these Alt-right CHUDs at the FBI/law enforcement.

Rat me out to the FBI if old.
It's absolutely depressing knowing that he was in the FBI radar and they just let him walk and lead a white supremacy group

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it but he has more to worry about from his "brothers"

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
During the hearing, the prosecutor and Tarrio's defense attorney asked a judge to reduce the prison sentence of Tarrio and two co-defendants. They had pleaded guilty in a fraud case related to the relabeling and sale of stolen diabetes test kits.
How low can you go.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*Before the Proud Boys existed on drug/smuggling matters, not Proud Boys stuff

The headline is misleading. It's sad but unsurprising that the FBI is such a mess that they can't get two different departments to talk to one another on such a prominent figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.